SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

UP-DATE ON JOHN & A Praise to the Lord

Up-date on John, Therapy, Kidney Test & A Praise to the Lord

John went to his 1st day of therapy yesterday. He was given instructions on what to do at home. Mostly they are stretching exercises. He has to do them for a couple of weeks twice a day to see if there is any improvement. If not, the doctor will tell him what to do next.


Today was a stay at home day with his exercises but he says that it now hurts more then before.  He has to also collect a days worth of urine to bring to the nephrology doctor

tomorrow. He will then go for the Doppler test on his kidney. Next Tuesday he has to go for more blood texts since he is taking his prostate medicine, stopped drinking Coca Cola and is drinking water. Also, since he stopped taking Ibuprofen. Hopefully this will do the trick and God willing, his kidneys will be okay.

It’s getting a little tight now with all the co-pays so far and more to come. Tuesday he had to pay almost $300 out of pocket and he’s not done. Tomorrow the Doppler test is another $75, so please pray that they will find out soon what is going on with his kidney.

Just a Praise to the Lord.   You may ask how can we praise the Lord when this is happening.  Well, everything bad that happens in our lives can be also a blessing.  If John’s knee didn't give out, he would never have gone to the doctor since he wasn't feeling sick. Therefore, he would never a blood test which lead him to find out that he was having kidney problems till maybe it was too late. The doctor did say that his kidney problem is in the beginning stage. To me this shows how much God is amazing and always watching out for us….all we have to do is listen….

I learned to listen to God when I had my accident.  I worked 4 jobs to make ends meet and then I fell.  At first I didn't know how bad my injury was but soon found out.  Well, with 4 surgeries, 4 months bedridden and only getting a check from workers comp, I had know idea how we would manage.  Since I was bedridden, I had 2 choices, feel sorry for myself or have faith that God would get us through.  I put my faith in God. 

Between learning how God put it on peoples hearts to give us meals, gift cards and a few times money when I never asked. I'm an independent person and it was hard to except money.  Then a lady from my church said that when people are being lead by God to help, you should never refuse because it's like refusing God's help since He's the one that sent them.  So I learned to except help till I was able to start doing for myself.  He also sent me people to drive me to my therapy since I couldn't drive yet. I learned how to make meals stretch.  I remember what Jesus did when he fed 5000 men plus women and children with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish..

Matthew 14:18-21 

18 “Bring them here,” he said. 19 Then he told the people to sit down on the grass. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who distributed it to the people. 20 They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. 21 About 5,000 men were fed that day, in addition to all the women and children!

So thank you Lord for loving us, guiding us, being there when we are weak and giving us strength to get us through whatever problem comes our way. We couldn't do it without you Lord. Thank you sweet Jesus for being my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Well, that’s the latest…I will post more as soon as we know more.

Thanks again for your prayers and we really appreciate you continuing to pray for him with his knee problem, but even more important, his kidney problem. Also, for our financial issues with all these unexpected co-pays. It’s in God’s hands and I know He will get us through.

You all are in my prayers as well. May God bless and give you favor over all your needs, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment