SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, February 10, 2014

40 Days of Prayer - Day 7..JOINS US TODAY!.

At NWBC WE PRAY!!!! 

A NorthWest Bible Church, we are doing 40 Days of Prayer. I would like you to join us wherever you live.


40 Days of Prayer - Day 7

Our constant prayer throughout these 40 days is to ask God to touch our hearts, train our hearts, and transform our hearts with the Gospel - God's amazing Story of His redeeming and saving Love.

I want to encourage you, in your time of prayer, to include that request in your daily prayers as you commune with Him and make specific daily requests. In Jesus' hometown, the people were too familiar, too close and assumed, to their great error, that they already knew Jesus well. “Isn’t this just Joseph’s son? Isn’t he just the carpenter’s son?” They totally missed Who He really is because they thought they knew who he was.

This morning, we confess that we can either entirely neglect God’s Word by ignoring it, or effectively neutralize it by thinking we know all we need to know about it. Join us as we pray throughout these 40 days that our God would open our eyes to see, our minds to understand, and our hearts to feel His Word come to life in us, and that we would do what it says.

Below is our specific request to pray for and a Scripture to pray through. I’m writing out my prayer as an example of how I’m connecting to God. Your words and your prayers matter and He can’t wait to hear your voice.

Day 7: Monday, February 10

Confess our lack of attention to His Word.

“But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” (James 1:22)


 My Prayer: Dear God, I confess that I get distract and I do what I don’t want to do. I plan on reading Your Word and things just pop in my head, like what happened during the day or what I have to do. When I plan on praying, again I get distracted with the phone or what to make for dinner or my pets and so on. I try to live and follow Your Word, but keep getting distracted. In Romans 7:15-20 (NIV) I find explains me…..
"15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. "

So I pray to you Father, that You work in me not to be distract by my sinful nature. That I will keep my focus on Your Word and make me more like Your Son Jesus, My Lord and Savior. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

40 Days of Prayer Week 2
.pdf


I have attacted a link below.....
Ryan is our NorthWest Bible Church's Worship Director. My daughter Missy and Ryan were in choir together when they were little. He is amazing...I love his voice and thought you would enjoy his video.
http://vimeo.com/85566278

No comments:

Post a Comment