SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, November 4, 2013

BIBLE READING FOR MONDAY 11/4/13 ...LOSS OF A LOVED ONE

We finished Taking the 31 Days to Wisdom Challenge in October. Proverbs, 31 chapters-31 days! From now till the end of the year we are doing part or parts of the Bible to help us walk in faith.

Here are a view Bible verses that may give us comfort & hope during times of grief


BIBLE READING FOR MONDAY 11/4/13 - 

Psalm 23:4, Psalm 116:15, 
John 10:27-29, 
Romans 8:38-39, Romans 14:8,
 Revelation 14:13, Psalm 38:8-9,

Psalm 147:315, Psalm 30:2O, 

Isaiah 66:13
I Will Rise sung by Chris Tomlin

This is a little different then other Bible Reading or Studies since it is dealing with a loss of a loved one.  

The past couple of weeks since I returned from my vacation, we have been dealing with the loss of two loved ones. An extended family member, Jennie Riley and my nephew RJ Williams.  Jennie past away on Saturday, October 26th and RJ, Tuesday, October 29th. Both were of my extended family.  

Jennie was in her 60's and RJ only 27 years.
Although, I didn't know Jennie that well, she was part of my extended family and I know that she was loved and will be missed dearly.

RJ, I only knew the first 3 years of his life since as I said they are both from my extended family. I say that since they were related to me from my previous marriage of 13 years.

As you can see, death does not have have an age limit, therefore, the grief and sorrow is the same. I know how it is to loose loved ones since both my parents are gone, as well as my only sibling, my sister Terry.  

Dealing with death, whether it be of family or friends is very heard for anyone.  It is one of the most difficult things to deal with in life. Even for the Christian, death is a part of life. Unlike they that do not believe, the Christian has a blessed hope – that is the return of the Savior Jesus to catch up His Church and bring them to eternal life with Him and God the Father in Heaven. 

Therefore, I decided to share some scripture about death that I hope will comfort you as it did me.



Bible Verses About Death


Safe In His Arms, Now and Forever




Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,


Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

John 10:27-29 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.” (Jesus speaking)

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 14:8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

Psalm 38:8-9,15 I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 30:2O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you,” says the Lord.

If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:



A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER





Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.
                    





Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN



Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"


Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.


John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."



Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13  


    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved


    If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.

    Dear God, 
    know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
    Amen





    GOD BLESS OUR NATION

    Join this site under FOLLOWERS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment