SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, February 22, 2014

40 Days of Prayer - Day 19 JOINS US TODAY! ... IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!



At NWBC WE PRAY!!!! 
40 Days of Prayer - Day 19
At NorthWest Bible Church, we are doing 40 Days of Prayer. I would like you to join us wherever you live.





NWBC Family and Friends,

There is a 12- to 18-inch drop from our head to our heart that makes all the difference in our experience of God. Our relationship with God must engage our mind - the way we think; and our heart - the way we feel. He is interested in both, and He isn’t enamored with one over the other. He is totally able to fill them both with His Glory, His Presence and His Story.

Our constant prayer throughout these 40 days is to ask God to touch our hearts, train our hearts, and transform our hearts with the Gospel - God's amazing Story of His redeeming and saving Love.

Below is our specific request to pray for and a Scripture to pray through. I’m writing out my prayer as an example of how I’m connecting to God. Your words and your prayers matter and He can’t wait to hear your voice.

Day 19: Saturday, February 22
Ask God to make our hearts receptive to His story and protect our minds from distractions.

“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” (Philippians 2:13)

My Pastor Ty's Prayer: “Father, I make my heart available to You to shape and fill with whatever You desire. Teach me to love what You love and who You love. I pray that You will direct my thoughts and my thinking toward You and that Your Presence would crowd out all the distractions that rattle around in there. In Jesus’ name and for His glory, Amen.”


My Prayer: Dear Father God, I pray that You will guide me on all my decisions so that when I make choices, it would be pleasing to to You. Please Lord help me not to be distracted when I trying to keep my focus on Your story, so that You could continually teach me to live my lift that is pleasing to You. I pray that You help me spread Your story to nonbelievers. To be able to guide them to You by an example. That they might be attracted to the peace and joy You instilled in me.  That I will do whatever You desire so that I will be pleasing in Your sight.  In Jesus Holy Name, Amen 

Praying with you,
Pastor Ty



Ryan is our NorthWest Bible Church's Worship Director. My daughter Missy and Ryan were in choir together when they were little. He is amazing...I love his voice and thought you would enjoy his video.
http://vimeo.com/85566278

No comments:

Post a Comment