SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, March 7, 2014

40 Days of Prayer - Day 32 JOINS US TODAY! ... IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!

NWBC WE PRAY!!!! 
40 Days of Prayer - Day 32
At NorthWest Bible Church, we are doing 40 Days of Prayer. I would like you to join us wherever you live.
Come and share God's amazing Story of His redeeming and saving Love






40 Days of Prayer - Day 32

NWBC Family and Friends,

We unpack our value of Vertical Focus with “Prayerfully asking God everyday what He wants to do and doing it.”  Today we are praying that each one of us would desire to practice the spiritual habits that will make this a living reality in our everyday lives.  

Our constant prayer throughout these 40 days is to ask God to touch our hearts, train our hearts, and transform our hearts with the Gospel - God's amazing Story of His redeeming and saving Love.  

Below is our specific request to pray for and a Scripture to pray through.  I’m writing out my prayer as an example of how I’m connecting to God.  Your words and your prayers matter and He can’t wait to hear your voice.

Day 32:  Friday, March 7
Pray that participants will have a renewed desire to pursue spiritual habits in their lives.
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”  (Romans 12:2a)
My Pastor Ty's Prayer:  “Father, would You help me to practice what I preach.  Help me to prioritize You above all the seemingly necessary and important things that crowd in and jockey for my attention.  Help me to develop the spiritual exercises and disciplines that will help me live a life which glorifies You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen."
Praying with you,
Pastor Ty

My Prayer: Dear Father God, You know that I came from an organized religion. I appreciate the ground work they had taught me, but I was so used to reciting prayers.  I thank You so much for Your Word, teaching me how to pray, in Matthew 6:9-13. Help us to remember that we don't have to recite a prayer to speak to You.  That You want us to speak to You about everything. To ask You for our needs no matter how big or small it is.  That it isn't a bother to You to ask You for small needs. That You want us to pray without ceasing, that means You want us to talk to You throughout the day.  Thank You so much that You have us on this open communication line.  That You are never too busy to listen. To me, this helps me put You first at the beginning of each day. I can speak to You even in public, using my bluetooth and still keep my prays as personal as if I was in my home. So Lord, I pray for those that don't understand that they can start the day and talk to You till days end. Asking You for direction, decision making, the right words in spreading Your Word or just talking with You and not ever being truly along. I pray this in Your Son Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.

Ryan is our NorthWest Bible Church's Worship Director. My daughter Missy and Ryan were in choir together when they were little. He is amazing...I love his voice and thought you would enjoy his video.

No comments:

Post a Comment