SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, March 9, 2014

♥ My Fritos® Chicken Enchilada Melt ♥

 My Fritos® Chicken Enchilada Melt 

Okay, John and I seen this sandwich advertised on TV.  We love Subways, but we are on a very strict budget.  For 2 footlongs sandwiches, it would cost up to $13.  So I decided to make my own.
This was so thick, we only could eat 1/2 of a footlong....LOL :)


Well I just bought last week 4 huge chicken breasts at Aldi on Tuesday.  They are so huge, and there is only the 2 of us, I froze 2. The cost for 2 was $3.50, I didn't have Flat bread but I did have Italian bread ($1), seasonings ($1), enchilada sauce (69¢), lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pinco de gallo, and diced green peppers ($1.50), pepper jack cheese (50¢) and Frito's ($1). Total cost $8.69, a savings of $4.31. Plus I have leftover chicken for another meal. Too me this is a great savings.
No holding back...I piled it on and have enough for 4 more footlongs


I love going out to eat since being disabled, eating out and the movies is our fun time. But when you can't afford it on a weekly bases, I try to make my restaurant foods at home.
Mine, Just before the Fritos...see how thick & juicy....MMM...

Subway Fritos® Chicken Enchilada Melt on Italian Bread
Ingredients

1-2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 can of enchilada sauce
1/4 cup mild salsa
1/4 cup pinco de gallo 
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
1 pouch onion soup mix
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon oregano parsley, basil, and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb


Toppings

1 sliced tomato
1/2 cup shreaded lettuce
4 slices of pepper jack cheese 
1 loaf of Italian bread or flat bread 
1 small bag of Fritos


Directions

Subway  Fritos® Chicken Enchilada Melt
on Flat Bread
Put all "ingredients"  in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 5-6 hrs. When chicken is cooked, you can pull it apart with fork.  Place on bread with a little sauce. Add cheese (the heat of the chicken and sauce will melt the cheese), add veggies and Fritos. You can top with a little more sauce is desired.   
EAT AND ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment