SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

✞ Following Jesus this Holy Week - Palm Sunday - Holy Wednesday ✞




WHAT IS EASTER REALLY ABOUT???



Holy Monday
The Cleansing of the Temple: Matthew 21:12-13

Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

Holy Tuesday

The Fig Tree: Matthew 21:19-22

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

The Temple Debates: Matthew 21:23-23:39. Excerpt from 21:23-27:

Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. “By what authority are you doing these things?” they asked. “And who gave you this authority?”

Jesus replied, “I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?”

They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.”

So they answered Jesus, “We don’t know.”

Then he said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.

The Olivet Discourse: 
Matthew 24-25. Excerpt from 25:1-13:

“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

“At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

“Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

“‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

“Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

“But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.


Holy Wednesday

Judas Betrays Jesus: Matthew 26:14-16:

Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.



Bible Verses of Holy Week:

Palm Sunday - Jesus' triumphant entry 2 Jerusalem..."Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, Hosanna in the highest!" Mt 21:9

Monday - Jesus enters the temple, driving out all who are buying & selling. "It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer'" Mt 21:12

Tuesday - "but My words won't pass away." Matthew 24:35 "Love the Lord w/ all your heart, all your soul, & all your mind. This is the 1st & greatest command." Matthew 22:37

Wednesday - The chief priests & elders plan 2 secretly arrest & kill Jesus. 

Matthew 26:3-4  3 Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, and they schemed to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him.

Judas agrees to betray Jesus in exchange for money. Luke 22:3-6  3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve. 4 So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them. 5 And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. 6 So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence of the multitude.

Later Mary anoints Jesus with oil, to  prepare Him for His burial. John 12:3, 7-8  3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil. 7 But Jesus said, “Let her alone; she has kept this for the day of My burial. 8 For the poor you have with you always, but Me you do not have always.”

I hope you all are following along this Holy Week. 
I am a Christian and believe in my heart that "God's Not Dead" and Jesus is my Lord and Savior...Amen!


Christians are not perfect and we do not claim to be. We are all sinners. We were born into sin....but by the grace of God, we are forgiven.....Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast...... 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness....We try to change because Jesus is in us...but sometimes we still fall short and sin....Roman 3:23...For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. .... 

I don't know why anyone would want to believe there isn't a God...to have no one to lean on, and to die and believe that's it...but that's your choice. I don't want you to become a Christian because I think I’m better then you.... I want you to have the peace and joy that only God can give you. God doesn't say that you will never have problems, illness, grief, etc. But if you accept Him into your heart, you won't have to go it alone; God will be with you and get you through. All you have to do is....Roman 10:9-10, 13, 9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.....

So what are you waiting for...tomorrow??? Tomorrow may never come....we don't know how long we have here on earth. You may die in the next minute or you may live to 100. I rather know I will be in Heaven no matter when my time is up here on earth...

What about you??? Afraid you will have to change your ways...yes you will....but know one makes you...you will want to...the more you read and study the bible, the more you pray and form a relationship with Jesus, you will change and don't even realize it happening because Jesus will become a part of you. It will be like breathing...you don't have to think about breathing to breath. 

We that post messages about god are compelled to do so not knowing if we are making a difference or not. But Jesus said, And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 15:16 ... SO IT'S UP TO YOU!

During this Easter season, ask yourself what is it really about.  Is it about the Easter Bunny, coloring Easter eggs, Easter baskets or Easter egg hunts, or maybe your new Easter outfit???  All those things are fun and I'm not saying not to do any of these things. What I am saying is there would be NO Easter without Jesus.  Jesus gave us the greatest gift of all...eternal life.  He was whipped, thorns stuck into His head, crucified...nails pounded into His hands and feet, hung on the cross and stabbed with a sword for us.  He paid the price for our sins even thou He knew NO SIN!!  He rose from the dead to show you that He is the Son of God. That He is alive...that He has Risen and you will too if you ask him into your heart and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior.

So isn't about time that you gave Jesus a chance??? Tell me, what do you have to lose???

Whether you are already a Christian of any denomination or you are not yet a believer of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, but are still here read this message.  Isn't it time you asked Jesus into your heart.  

You might say, "Well, I am already a Christian, I'm a good person, I believe in God and Jesus, I go to church. Isn't that enough?"

Yes, that's great....but do you have a relationship with Jesus?  In order to have a true relationship with Him, you must ask Him into your heart. I too thought that was enough, but something inside me was wanting more.  That's when I admitted out loud that I was a sinner and asked Jesus to forgive me. I seen others with this peace and I wanted that too, so I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior, so that I could feel His presence, love and peace.  That day was my life changing moment. 

I myself prays that everyone will experience the love of God in their lives.  All you have to do is as easy as ABC(A) Admit you are a sinner. (B) Believe Jesus is the Son of God. That Jesus died on the cross so that our sins are forgiven. (C) Confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior..


Don't wait, ask Him into your heart as your Lord and Savior.  You can say this simple pray that I posted or just put it into your own words.  There isn't a right or wrong way to ask Him into your heart, only that you really mean what you say.

Dear God, 

know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
Amen

ARE YOU BOLD ENOUGH TO SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, EVERYONE YOU KNOW, RE-POST ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC????........

No comments:

Post a Comment