SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, April 26, 2014

♥ Grandma's Clean Out The Freezer Soup ♥

Grandma's Clean Out The Freezer Soup 



This is what my mom and grandma used to do. I've seen too much food that people just thrown away. These days money is tight, just like in grandma's day. When you have leftovers and it's not enough for another meal, I don't throw it out......
I freeze it!  

I always cook for more then one meal, but sometimes I might have one portion leftover. So in the container and freezer it goes.  As you see from all my recipes, I love to cook, so nothing is in the freezer for too long.  As soon as I have enough for a complete meal for us...out they come.

Ingredients

Most of my recipes have a lot of natural juices. This makes for a great soup. This soup contains leftover macaroni, pulled pork, potatoes, and stuffed green peppers with a little bit of rice.

Directions


Just defrost everything and put it in a large pot. Heat everything on stove top or microwave. You can serve alone or have soup and sandwich night.
This is a quick and a no cost meal. 

This recipe works with all leftover meat and vegetables, plus has some of the same ingredients that caned soup might have without the preservatives in it and most important, it tastes Great!

So the next time you have leftovers...freeze it! You can turn it into a whole new meal that your family will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment