SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, April 17, 2014

✞ Following Jesus this Holy Week - Thursday ✞

✞ WHAT IS EASTER REALLY ABOUT??? ✞




Holy Thursday - The Last Hours Before Jesus is Crucified 

Preparing the Upper Room: 
Matthew 26:17-19

Jesus Celebrates Passover with His Disciples

17 Now on the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?”
18 And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”
19 So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover.

Jesus Predicts Judas's Betrayal:

Matthew 26:20-21 
20 When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. 21 And while they were eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me.”

The Last Supper: 

Matthew 26:26-29

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial
Matthew 26:31-35

31 Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written:
“‘I will strike the shepherd,
    and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
32 But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”
33 Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.”
34 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.”
35 But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you,I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same.

Jesus Prays: 
Matthew 26:36-46
Gethsemane
36 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”
43 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.
45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them,“Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”

Jesus Arrested: 
Matthew 26:47-56

47 While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48 Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” 49 Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.
50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”
Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”
55 In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. 56 But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

Bible Verses of Holy Week:

Thursday - He warns His disciples that He will be handed over & crucified

Jesus Predicts Judas's Betrayal:


Matthew 26:20-21 
Thursday - 20 When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. 21 And while they were eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me.”


Matthew 26:18, 27-29

Jesus Celebrates Passover with His Disciples


18 And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”


Jesus Predicts Peter’s Denial:

Matthew 26:34

34 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.”


Jesus is overwhelmed & Prays: 
Matthew 26:38-39

38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Judas leads them to Jesus & He is arrested:
Matthew 26:47-48

47 While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48 Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.”

His disciples try to defend Him & He says:
Matthew 26:56
56 But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

I hope you all are following along this Holy Week. 
I am a Christian and believe in my heart that "God's Not Dead" and Jesus is my Lord and Savior...Amen!


Christians are not perfect and we do not claim to be. We are all sinners. We were born into sin....but by the grace of God, we are forgiven.....Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast...... 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness....We try to change because Jesus is in us...but sometimes we still fall short and sin....Roman 3:23...For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. .... 

I don't know why anyone would want to believe there isn't a God...to have no one to lean on, and to die and believe that's it...but that's your choice. I don't want you to become a Christian because I think I’m better then you.... I want you to have the peace and joy that only God can give you. God doesn't say that you will never have problems, illness, grief, etc. But if you accept Him into your heart, you won't have to go it alone; God will be with you and get you through. All you have to do is....Roman 10:9-10, 13, 9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.....

So what are you waiting for...tomorrow??? Tomorrow may never come....we don't know how long we have here on earth. You may die in the next minute or you may live to 100. I rather know I will be in Heaven no matter when my time is up here on earth...

What about you??? Afraid you will have to change your ways...yes you will....but know one makes you...you will want to...the more you read and study the bible, the more you pray and form a relationship with Jesus, you will change and don't even realize it happening because Jesus will become a part of you. It will be like breathing...you don't have to think about breathing to breath. 

We that post messages about god are compelled to do so not knowing if we are making a difference or not. But Jesus said, And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 15:16 ... SO IT'S UP TO YOU!

During this Easter season, ask yourself what is it really about.  Is it about the Easter Bunny, coloring Easter eggs, Easter baskets or Easter egg hunts, or maybe your new Easter outfit???  All those things are fun and I'm not saying not to do any of these things. What I am saying is there would be NO Easter without Jesus.  Jesus gave us the greatest gift of all...eternal life.  He was whipped, thorns stuck into His head, crucified...nails pounded into His hands and feet, hung on the cross and stabbed with a sword for us.  He paid the price for our sins even thou He knew NO SIN!!  He rose from the dead to show you that He is the Son of God. That He is alive...that He has Risen and you will too if you ask him into your heart and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior.

So isn't about time that you gave Jesus a chance??? Tell me, what do you have to lose???

Whether you are already a Christian of any denomination or you are not yet a believer of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, but are still here read this message.  Isn't it time you asked Jesus into your heart.  

You might say, "Well, I am already a Christian, I'm a good person, I believe in God and Jesus, I go to church. Isn't that enough?"

Yes, that's great....but do you have a relationship with Jesus?  In order to have a true relationship with Him, you must ask Him into your heart. I too thought that was enough, but something inside me was wanting more.  That's when I admitted out loud that I was a sinner and asked Jesus to forgive me. I seen others with this peace and I wanted that too, so I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior, so that I could feel His presence, love and peace.  That day was my life changing moment. 

I myself prays that everyone will experience the love of God in their lives.  All you have to do is as easy as ABC(A) Admit you are a sinner. (B) Believe Jesus is the Son of God. That Jesus died on the cross so that our sins are forgiven. (C) Confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior..


Don't wait, ask Him into your heart as your Lord and Savior.  You can say this simple pray that I posted or just put it into your own words.  There isn't a right or wrong way to ask Him into your heart, only that you really mean what you say.


Dear God, 

know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
Amen

ARE YOU BOLD ENOUGH TO SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, EVERYONE YOU KNOW, RE-POST ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC????........

No comments:

Post a Comment