SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, November 17, 2013

♥ APPLESAUCE & RAISIN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE ♥

APPLESAUCE & RAISIN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE 


In getting ready for Thanksgiving, my family wants sweet potatoes along with, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, corn, and of course...dinner rolls. I'm not a sweet potato person but I'm out numbered. My mom made them for Thanksgiving for my dad, so I decided to use this recipe below this evening as a test run using my husband as a guinea pig. My husband LOVED IT! I must admit, my taste buds must have changed because this is really good. Below is the recipe. Eat & Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 can (40 oz) sweet potatoes in syrup, drained

1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg 
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Topping

1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon margarine
1/3 cup raisins

Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.

In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Stir in granulated sugar, salt, egg, milk and vanilla; spoon into casserole. Spread applesauce over top. 

Topping

In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients except raisins until well blended. Stir in raisins. Sprinkle over applesauce.

Bake covered 30 minutes, remove cover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

I served it with oven roasted Parmesan chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment