SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, June 8, 2012

THE RAIN CAME



These are a few pictures that my daughter Missy took of my backyard after about 5 minutes of rain.  You can see the water coming off my roof like Niagara Falls and my yard flooding.  My neighbor behind me, their tree branch just split and landed over my fence in my yard.  I don't know if it got
struck by lightning or not.  Soon after all this the power went out. Thank the good Lord we had just got finished with our dinner.  We were getting a little worried since I was having my husband stock up on food in the freezer since I don't get paid workers comp for the summer because school is out.  The power was out for almost 2 hours.  I called a friend mine to see if she had power, but hers was out too. Her son just got home and said that the Oak Fall Apartments in the front of our subdivision on Louetta and Sorrel Ridge had now power to Kuykendahl, were all without power, but the street lights were still working.  Needless to say, my house got hot really fast.  When the rain stopped, my husband was sitting in his truck to stay cool.  Right now it is 12:15 a.m. and the thunder is back....I just pray we don't lose power again.  I have my physical therapy tomorrow morning so I pray it don't rain then either for two reasons...I walk like a snail and will get soaked and I'm afraid that I might slip.  No more falls for me PLEASE....LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment