SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

VBS BEGINS



This has been day 2 of VBS and I'm in the prayer room.  We have been praying for wisdom, guidance and strength to all the teachers and teen helpers. The first day we didn't get too many prayer requests from the kids since for some this was the first time ever that they are going to VBS. They are just getting to know what to do in each activity and it is an adjustment for the teachers as well.  They have to get everything used to all the kids, do their lesson and get them ready for the next activity so they won't be late. 
Today is the 2nd day and the kids and teachers know more of what to do and expect of their classes.  Therefore, the kids had more time finish their lesson and right down their prayers.  It was so good to read the children's prayers.  Some were really cute like asking God to let their loose tooth come out.  Some had things that were really heavy on their hearts. They are dealing with members of their family and pets dying.  Some are having their parents fighting a lot and some with divorce.  Others are loosing friends since their moving away, dad's going out of down on business or are in Afghanistan.  No matter what the prayer is, they are turning to God for his help and that is the most important thing. 

I didn't know what to expect being in the  prayer room for the first time.  I always thought working in the classroom and being with the kids rewarding.  I didn't realize that being in the prayer room is just as rewarding.  Being Gods servant by praying for the teachers and children.  I am so blessed to have Ruthann drive me to VBS and Mary to drive me home since I'm not able to drive yet.  They are God's Angels since they make it possible for me to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment