SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

♥ Cook, Eat & Freezer Tacos ♥

Cook, Eat & Freezer Tacos

Well, even though 
there is only the 2 of us now, I still buy meat in the family size.  The first reason is because it may cost more at the checkout, but it's cheaper by the pound. So for all you young folks starting out and are on a tight budget, it's the same for us seniors too. As you can see on the label, this ground beef was $13.65 for 5.27lbs.


Now since you have all that meat, I separate it into 3 parts for different type of meals. I made my own hamburgers, meatloaf and meatballs a few weeks ago. Therefore 5.27lbs of ground beef makes about 6-8 meals for a family of 2. 

The hamburgers and meatloaf, I prepare and freeze it uncooked. When freezing, use plastic wrap to hug the meat so that there is no air to make freezer burn. I then cover it with foil and place in a freezer bag, marking what it is and the date. I don't do this with my hamburgers because they are in air tight hamburger containers. Now your meals are now ready for your next dinner. Just defrost in refrigerator overnight and pop in oven or grill when ready to cook.  

The meatballs I prepared and cooked in advance.  Once cooked, cool on paper towel to drain off any grease. Then pop them into a freezer bag, making sure all air is out. Date and freeze. You can make them into a meatball sub or just top off your pasta dish.

Today I made my homemade White Castle burgers, which I prepare and freeze uncooked. Plus tonight was taco night.  I prepared and cooked all the remaining ground beef for my taco dinner.  The rest of the taco meat I placed into 2 freezer bags, labeling them for another taco night.

Well here is my taco recipe....

Ingredients:

3 lbs ground beef (turkey)
1 pouch onion soup mix
1 pouch taco seasoning
1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/4 cup chopped pico de gallo
1/2 cup water

Toppings:

1/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup Mexican Cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 large tomato diced
2 large tortillas

Directions:

In skillet, brown all meat until it's no longer pink. Drain grease. Add all ingredients to meat and stir. Heat on high till it starts to bubble.  Reduce to medium heat, stir and cover for 5 minutes.

Add meat to you tortilla along with your favorite toppings.  Enjoy! 

Note: The portions are for servings of 2.  For larger families, you will not freeze as much of the taco meat. Use judgement according to your family size.

For meatball recipe...
 http://cmyviewson.blogspot.com/2014/07/mamas-italian-meatballs.html#.U9C5tvldWSo

For White Castle recipe...
http://cmyviewson.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-homemade-white-castle-style.html#.U9C6q_ldWSo

For my Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf recipe...
http://cmyviewson.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-bacon-cheese-stuffed-meatloaf.html#.U9C8FPldWSo

For my Italian Style Meatloaf Cupcakes W/Mashed Potatoes...
http://cmyviewson.blogspot.com/2013/10/italian-style-meatloaf-cupcakes-with.html#.U9C-c_ldWSo

For my My Spicy Mayonnaise Meatloaf...
http://cmyviewson.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-spicy-mayonnaise-meatloaf.html#more





No comments:

Post a Comment