SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, June 6, 2014

♥ My Homemade White Castle Style Cheeseburgers& Hamburgers ♥


My Homemade White Castle Style Cheeseburgers & Hamburgers 




Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb 




Topping Ingredients:

1 tablespoon mustard (Optional)
2 tablespoons relish or chopped pickles 
(Optional)
8 slices American or Velveeta Cheese (Optional)
1 onion, finely chopped

Served on:

Sara Lee Classic Dinner Rolls (or the really soft small-sized dinner rolls from the bakery), sliced in half cheese slices (you can use Kraft Singles or sliced Velveeta cheese.. we used Velveeta) 
***Remember Cheese is Optional***

Directions:

Pre-heat oven 350°

In a large bowl mix the ground beef, seasoning and Lipton onion soup mix. 

Spread the meat mixture on a cookie sheet  or parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll over the meat to smooth it out. (You can use your fingers as I did) Make them really thin.

Place in freezer for about 1 hour.  This will make meat firm for cutting.

Meanwhile, mix together the topping and refrigerator 
***Remember Mustard & Relish is Optional***

Remove meat and cut the a spatchula or pizza cutter into little meat patties. About the size of the bun.

  Poke 5 little holes in each one. (this is so you don't have to flip them. The steam will cook through.
***I made the holes with 
the top of my electric mixer***

 Place topping on each one and bake for about 8 minutes.  Add cheese and bun tops and bake another 2 - 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I decided to freeze mine for another night.  Therefore, I lined my storage container with  parchment paper and plus cut up some of the parchment paper a little larger then the patties and placed the paper in between each one.

This is with cheese, mustard, relish & onions

This is with cheese & onions

Cheese & onions I thought came really close to White Castle Cheeseburgers 
The next time I will only made them with onions and some with onions and diced pickles to see if I could get it even easier.  
This the updated White Castle Hamburgers

The recipe and instruction are the same except I changed the toppings to only onion & diced pickles
Now this is really the closes the White Castle!!

I didn't use beef baby food or peanut butter which others had used because the ingredients on the White Castle website, they only use onions. Cheese pickles and mustard are all optional.  So the next time I have defrosted or buy chop meat, I will make them exactly what the website shows.  I will then post the updated recipe.  We'll see if I could get even closer.
These are really very good.  The ones with onion, relish and cheese, taste more like Chili's Slyders.
They are really good, just not White Castle.
The ones with only onions & cheese are more like White Castle...
Here are the updated White Castle Hamburgers with a healthy cucumber & tomato  salad.  They are as close to White Castle I think you will get!
Well, Enjoy !
The above recipe makes 16 slyders 

No comments:

Post a Comment