SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, June 29, 2014

♥ Chicken Macaroni Everything Salad ♥

Chicken Macaroni Everything Salad 

This recipe is one of my favorites in the Summer months. I cook the macaroni and eggs at night while watching TV. This way I don't have to cook too much during the hottest part of the next day.  If you are using fresh chicken breast, I would cook it the same time as I'm cooking dinner that evening.  In this recipe, I used Aldi brand "Brookdale Chicken Breast" . To me and my husband, it's the best caned chicken we've ever tasted and it's the closest to fresh cooked chicken. The next day I add all the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate so it will be good and chilled for dinner.  I doubled all ingredients to this recipe to share with friends.

Ingredients:

1 box elbow macaroni
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1 cup chopped tomatoes 
1 peeled & sliced cucumber
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 large cans chicken chunks, drained

4 hard boil eggs
1 tablespoon minced garlic 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Cilantro and Mrs.Dash Garlic & herb
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard



Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together the celery, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, all seasonings except 
paprika, macaroni and chicken. Stir until well blended. 

Refrigerate for 12 hours. Stir, and sprinkle paprika over the top before serving.

Original recipe makes 4 servings ... Double for 8 servings.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment