SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Potato Express As Seen On TV

Potato Express As Seen On TV


Well you may know that I love potatoes. So when I seen Potato Express on an As Seen On TV commercial, I wanted to get it, but I don't need the deals they had advertised so I didn't get it.  


A few weeks ago I was at Walmart and seen it there on their As Seen On TV section.  Well, I have made potatoes in the microwave before, which the cook time for one potato is 8 minutes and each additional potato you add about 4-6 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. Here they are saying you can make up to 4 medium potatoes in 4 minutes.

I decided to buy it and give it a try.  I read some of the reviews and seen some reviews on You Tube. One man said it took longer and didn't fit 4 medium potatoes in the bag.  If you see him on You Tube, his medium potatoes are Texas size medium, to the rest of the states they were Large...LOL. 

Anyway, I didn't have medium potatoes, I had a mixed bag of white, red and purple small potatoes.  I wanted to make potato salad and I don't boil potatoes anymore. I microwave them for baked, mashed or for potato salad.  It's just so much easier, faster and you don't have to wait for water to boil or watch that it don't boil over either.


The direction tell you to wet the potatoes and NOT to poke hole in them. Since they were small, I put in the bag about 5-6 potatoes.  The bag says NOT to cook on high.  Well, they don't tell you what power to cook them on, so you must use your judgement. I have a 1250 high wattage microwave with a turntable, so I put it on 80% power. 




If you have a microwave between 600 - 1000 wattage, you will have to use maybe 90% power.  If you don't have a turntable, you will have to stop it half way, turn the bag and then finish cooking. You should know how fast your microwaves normally cooks.  

Well, since the potatoes were small and my microwave is high powered, I only cooked them for 3 minutes. I put them in the bag, put flap side down as directed. After 3 minutes, I checked if they were done.









You can feel through the bag if they felt still hard or soft.  To my surprise they were perfect!


White potato

The bag works Great!   So for all who have problems with it, know the wattage of your microwave, does it have a turntable and of course if you use large potatoes, you may not fit 4 in the bag and it might take a minute or two longer depending on the things I just mentioned.  Read the bag at the bottom "Note".

All in all Potato Express works GREAT! I definitely recommend the Potato Express for anyone who wants to make potatoes quick and easy.
I give this product CCCup.

White, red & purple potatoes
Purple cooked potato.

I never had purple potatoes before.  My husband thought they went bad it I told him that's the color...I had to taste it first to show him the purple potato was okay to eat...LOL




















I bought these Steakhouse Roasters at Aldi because they don't sell loose potatoes and I don't need a big 5 lb bag.  As you can see the 3 types of potatoes in the bag.   I have attached a link about the purple potato below.

No comments:

Post a Comment