SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Day of Cooking & The Plumber..Sounds Funny Right???

A Day of Cooking  & The Plumber..Sounds Funny Right???



Well, most of you know by now seeing my late night posts, I don't sleep at night. 


I had defrosted a 2.5 lb. turkey breast which I needed to cook so it wouldn't go bad.  Therefore, since I'm not sleeping anyway, I decided to bake the turkey breast a 3 a.m.   I coated it with butter and I love Cajun seasoning. I use Tony Chacheres Original Creole.  I also added a little water, garlic & onion powder.

I not only did I cooked it, I also sliced it, so it would be ready for sandwiches and turkey salad too. 

We had some turkey sandwiches tonight for dinner. John noticed the Cajun seasoning, and asked if that was what he tasted.  He too loves the flavor.  He's the one that got me hooked on it for when I make turkey. 

Now about the plumber. Friday they came out to unclog my kitchen and master bathroom sinks drains. I also needed the hall tub drain opened too, but they had to come back on Tuesday since he needed his helper.  They needed to break the wall in the master bathroom to get to the broken pipe in the wall. 

Today the plumber was coming back because when they unclogged my tub drain in the hall bathroom.   Well, needless to say the tub is draining great. The only problem is when I went to take a shower, I couldn't change the water flow from tub to shower. 

I called the plumbing insurance company that night and explained what happened. They they would call tomorrow to set up another appointment.  Well, I waited all day and no call.  So before I went to Aldi, on Wednesday, I call them again and they said they would have someone come out Thursday, (today) 

This morning, no call and no plumber.  I was just about to call the insurance company to see what happened, when they finally called....but they called to set an appointment. I said, "I had an appointment, it's for today."  They told me the earliest they can get to me was between 3 - 6 p.m.  I told them that's okay.

Since I couldn't go anywhere and I bought a little more then 5 lbs of chop meat which I needed to separated to freeze.  I decided to prepare the meat into different meals.  


I seen something recently a recipe for White Castle burgers, but it just had too many steps to it. Plus I like to have meals ready to cook.  That's why I always prepare my meals in advance.  I am also stock pileing meals since this is the last month of my impairment checks.  Therefore, I won't have to worry about buying food for a while except for the perishables.   

So the above picture is of the sliced turkey breast, I mentioned above. 

My Homemade Stuffed Cheeseburgers...for recipe, see 4/24/14 posting. 

I added chopped bacon with the cheese this time!

This is my Avon Hamburger maker & above is the storage containers, but I had meat left over, so I used my recycled chopped onion container.  I separated the meat with parchment paper.

I will be posting my meatloaf new recipe.  Plus, my very own White Castle Hamburger recipe soon.

The plumber did come out this evening. It was a little after 6 p.m. They said the pipe froze in the wall because it wasn't used for a long time.  I told them that it wasn't long since I last had it on because by accident I went to turn on the tub, but the shower was on.  I ended up getting my hair wet. 

Well, they called the office and got approved to fix it. They took it apart, but they needed a new part since something inside was broken. They told me they had a big job the next few days plus they need to locate this part for this brand. They said they would let me know when they have it and maybe back next Tuesday. So...... I'll keep you updated on my broken shower pipe.

Well, that's it for now ..... to be continued.....LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment