SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another Day of Preparing a Weeks Worth of Meals

Another Day of Preparing a Weeks Worth of Meals


Well you all know by now I love to cook.  When I was working, I did some of this on the weekends, but not as much as I do now that I'm home.  


Making your own meals for dinner or for the days ahead are not only cheaper then eating out, they are also healthier since you can change ingredients to fit your diet.

I make meals that I cook and freeze or put all my ingredients in or on and freeze.  Meals that I will be eating right away, I always make enough for two or three days.

Since I go shopping late just before John gets home, gives him a chance to change before I get home to unload my car from groceries.  I can't carry like I used to, so this works well for us, plus we make a good team putting the groceries away.

Yesterday was my shopping at Aldi, but I just refrigerate the meat so that I could prepare it today.

I made for tonight and Saturday's dinner, BBQ spare ribs in my oven. As a side I made pasta salad with brown bread and butter. I usually skip a day between leftovers so we don't eat the same thing two days in a row.


While the ribs were cooking, I made my pasta salad so that it could chill before dinner.


I also made my homemade meatballs.  I cook and freeze them for a future.  These are so much better then the frozen ones at the store.


I also made a mayonnaise meatloaf. I seen a commercial putting mayonnaise in your hamburger. It is supposed to make it more juicer. I thought of how would it be in a meatloaf.  Well, I prepared it and it's ready to cook for tomorrow nights dinner


I will post the my mayonnaise meatloaf tomorrow and give y'll my recipe. So till tomorrow, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment