SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Despicable Me

Despicable Me

This happened last week but with VBS and being busy with other things everyday, I just forgot to post this.  I thought this was too cute and was wondering how many of you adults watch animated movies without children watching too???

This is what happened at my house to my surprise when I got home from shopping at Aldi. You see since I can't carry things as I used to, I shop late so John will be home from work to unload the groceries from my car. I just call him and tell him I'm on my way home so he could meet me outside.

When I arrived home, John was waiting outside. I went inside to drop off my purse, water and keys. When I looked at the paused TV, to my surprise he had been watching Despicable Me.

Well, we unpacked the groceries, had some chicken salad sandwiches I had made earlier for dinner. We returned to the living room and I asked John why he was watching Despicable Me.  All he said was, "It's a good movie and he wants to see Despicable Me 2."  Well I started watching it too and guess what .... it's a good movie.

The movie is about the villain named Gru.  Gru was planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon! Gru delights in all things wicked; he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.

This is a great family movie.  It even had a Godly message in it too.  We all have sinned and have done some things we may now be proud of.  We could be fulled with anger, hurt and unforgiveness. But everyone can change and it's never too late.  All we have to do is open our hearts and feel the love God has to offer.  Now in the movie, Gru didn't open his heart to God since this isn't a Christian movie....but he did change because he opened his heart to being able to love and to three little orphaned girls.

If you are renting movies for your kids, this is a good choice to make.  You too will be surprised how much you will enjoy this movie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment