SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, July 10, 2014

BIBLE READING FOR THURSDAY 7/10/14 ~ RELOADED PLUS TEACHINGS FROM JOYCE MEYER

BIBLE READING FOR THURSDAY 7/10/14
260 LIVE ~ RELOADED ~ 
Hosea 14, Amos 1
Part 2♦ Life Beyond Abuse ❃Joyce Meyer❃





Hosea 14

A PLEA TO RETURN TO THE LORD
1 1 Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God,
for your sins have brought you down. 
2 Bring your confessions, and
return to the Lord .
Say to him,
“Forgive all our sins and graciously receive us,
so that we may offer you our praises. 2
3 Assyria cannot save us,
nor can our warhorses.
Never again will we say to the idols we have made,
‘You are our gods.’
No, in you alone
do the orphans find mercy.” 

4 The Lord says,
“Then I will heal you of your faithlessness;
my love will know no bounds,
for my anger will be gone forever. 
5 I will be to Israel
like a refreshing dew from heaven.
Israel will blossom like the lily;
it will send roots deep into the soil
like the cedars in Lebanon. 
6 Its branches will spread out like beautiful olive trees,
as fragrant as the cedars of Lebanon. 
7 My people will again live under my shade.
They will flourish like grain and blossom like grapevines.
They will be as fragrant as the wines of Lebanon. 
8 “O Israel, 3 stay away from idols!
I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you.
I am like a tree that is always green;
all your fruit comes from me.” 
9 Let those who are wise understand these things.
Let those with discernment listen carefully.
The paths of the Lord are true and right,
and righteous people live by walking in them.
But in those paths sinners stumble and fall. 
Amos 1
JUDGMENT ON ISRAEL'S NEIGHBORS1 This message was given to Amos, a shepherd from the town of Tekoa in Judah. He received this message in visions two years before the earthquake, when Uzziah was king of Judah and Jeroboam II, the son of Jehoash, 1 was king of Israel. 

2 This is what he saw and heard: 
“The Lord ’s voice will roar from Zion 
and thunder from Jerusalem! 
The lush pastures of the shepherds will dry up; 
the grass on Mount Carmel will wither and die.” 

3 This is what the Lord says: 
“The people of Damascus have sinned again and again, 2 
and I will not let them go unpunished! 
They beat down my people in Gilead 
as grain is threshed with iron sledges. 
4 So I will send down fire on King Hazael’s palace, 
and the fortresses of King Ben-hadad will be destroyed. 
5 I will break down the gates of Damascus 
and slaughter the people in the valley of Aven. 
I will destroy the ruler in Beth-eden, 
and the people of Aram will go as captives to Kir,” 
says the Lord . 

6 This is what the Lord says: 
“The people of Gaza have sinned again and again, 
and I will not let them go unpunished! 
They sent whole villages into exile, 
selling them as slaves to Edom. 
7 So I will send down fire on the walls of Gaza, 
and all its fortresses will be destroyed. 
8 I will slaughter the people of Ashdod 
and destroy the king of Ashkelon. 
Then I will turn to attack Ekron, 
and the few Philistines still left will be killed,” 
says the Sovereign Lord . 

9 This is what the Lord says: 
“The people of Tyre have sinned again and again, 
and I will not let them go unpunished! 
They broke their treaty of brotherhood with Israel, 
selling whole villages as slaves to Edom. 
10 So I will send down fire on the walls of Tyre, 
and all its fortresses will be destroyed.” 

11 This is what the Lord says: 
“The people of Edom have sinned again and again, 
and I will not let them go unpunished! 
They chased down their relatives, the Israelites, with swords, 
showing them no mercy. 
In their rage, they slashed them continually 
and were unrelenting in their anger. 
12 So I will send down fire on Teman, 
and the fortresses of Bozrah will be destroyed.” 

13 This is what the Lord says: 
“The people of Ammon have sinned again and again, 
and I will not let them go unpunished! 
When they attacked Gilead to extend their borders, 
they ripped open pregnant women with their swords. 
14 So I will send down fire on the walls of Rabbah, 
and all its fortresses will be destroyed. 
The battle will come upon them with shouts, 
like a whirlwind in a mighty storm. 
15 And their king 3 and his princes will go into exile together,” 
says the Lord . 


If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:


A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER


Roman 3:23 
For everyone has
sinned; we all fall short of God's 
glorious 
standard.        


Acts 3:19 
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND ACCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"


Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.


John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."



Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD

    Roman 10:9-10, 13  

    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
    If you are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.
    Dear God, 
    know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
    Amen



    GOD BLESS OUR NATION

    Join this site under FOLLOWERS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment