SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

BIBLE READING FOR WEDNESDAY 7/9/14 ~ RELOADED PLUS TEACHINGS FROM JOYCE MEYER

BIBLE READING FOR WEDNESDAY 7/9/14
260 LIVE ~ RELOADED ~ 
Hosea 8 - 9
Part 1♦ Life Beyond Abuse ❃Joyce Meyer❃

Hosea 8

ISRAEL WILL REAP THE WHIRLWIND
1 “Sound the alarm!
The enemy descends like an eagle on the people of the Lord ,
for they have broken my covenant 
and revolted against my law.
2 Now Israel pleads with me,
‘Help us, for you are our God!’ 
3 But it is too late.
The people of Israel have rejected what is good,
and now their enemies will chase after them. 

4 The people have appointed kings without my consent,
and princes without my knowledge.
By making idols for themselves from their silver and gold,
they have brought about their own destruction. 
5 “O Samaria, I reject this calf -
this idol you have made.
My fury burns against you.
How long will you be incapable of innocence? 
6 This calf you worship, O Israel,
was crafted by your own hands!
It is not God!
Therefore, it must be smashed to bits. 
7 “They have planted the wind
and will harvest the whirlwind.
The stalks of grain wither
and produce nothing to eat.
And even if there is any grain,
foreigners will eat it. 
8 The people of Israel have been swallowed up;
they lie among the nations like an old discarded pot. 
9 Like a wild donkey looking for a mate,
they have gone up to Assyria.
The people of Israel 1 have sold themselves -
sold themselves to many lovers. 
10 But though they have sold themselves to many allies,
I will now gather them together for judgment.
Then they will writhe
under the burden of the great king. 
11 “Israel has built many altars to take away sin,
but these very altars became places for sinning! 
12 Even though I gave them all my laws,
they act as if those laws don’t apply to them. 
13 The people of Israel love their rituals of sacrifice,
but to me their sacrifices are all meaningless.
I will hold my people accountable for their sins,
and I will punish them.
They will return to Egypt. 
14 Israel has forgotten its Maker and built great palaces,
and Judah has fortified its cities.
Therefore, I will send down fire on their cities
and will burn up their fortresses.” 
Hosea 9

THE LORD WILL PUNISH ISRAEL
1 O people of Israel,
do not rejoice as other nations do.
For you have been unfaithful to your God,
hiring yourselves out like prostitutes,
worshiping other gods on every threshing floor. 
2 So now your harvests will be too small to feed you.
There will be no grapes for making new wine. 
3 You may no longer stay here in the Lord ’s land.
Instead, you will return to Egypt,
and in Assyria you will eat food
that is ceremonially unclean. 
4 There you will make no offerings of wine to the Lord .
None of your sacrifices there will please him.
They will be unclean, like food touched by a person in mourning.
All who present such sacrifices will be defiled.
They may eat this food themselves,
but they may not offer it to the Lord . 
5 What then will you do on festival days?
How will you observe the Lord ’s festivals? 
6 Even if you escape destruction from Assyria,
Egypt will conquer you, and Memphis 2 will bury you.
Nettles will take over your treasures of silver;
thistles will invade your ruined homes. 
7 The time of Israel’s punishment has come;
the day of payment is here.
Soon Israel will know this all too well.
Because of your great sin and hostility,
you say, “The prophets are crazy
and the inspired men are fools!” 
8 The prophet is a watchman over Israel 3 for my God,
yet traps are laid for him wherever he goes.
He faces hostility even in the house of God. 
9 The things my people do are as depraved
as what they did in Gibeah long ago.
God will not forget.
He will surely punish them for their sins. 
10 The Lord says, “O Israel, when I first found you,
it was like finding fresh grapes in the desert.
When I saw your ancestors,
it was like seeing the first ripe figs of the season.
But then they deserted me for Baal-peor,
giving themselves to that shameful idol.
Soon they became vile,
as vile as the god they worshiped. 
11 The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird,
for your children will not be born
or grow in the womb
or even be conceived. 
12 Even if you do have children who grow up,
I will take them from you.
It will be a terrible day when I turn away
and leave you alone. 
13 I have watched Israel become as beautiful as Tyre.
But now Israel will bring out her children for slaughter.” 
14 O  Lord , what should I request for your people?
I will ask for wombs that don’t give birth
and breasts that give no milk. 
15 The Lord says, “All their wickedness began at Gilgal;
there I began to hate them.
I will drive them from my land
because of their evil actions.
I will love them no more
because all their leaders are rebels. 
16 The people of Israel are struck down.
Their roots are dried up,
and they will bear no more fruit.
And if they give birth,
I will slaughter their beloved children.” 
17 My God will reject the people of Israel
because they will not listen or obey.
They will be wanderers,
homeless among the nations. 
If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:


A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 
For everyone has
sinned; we all fall short of God's 
glorious 
standard.        



Acts 3:19 
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND ACCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"


Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.


John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."



Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD

    Roman 10:9-10, 13  

    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
    If you are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.
    Dear God, 
    know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
    Amen



    GOD BLESS OUR NATION

    Join this site under FOLLOWERS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment