SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, July 25, 2014

♥ My Homemade Oriental Coleslaw ♥

My Homemade Oriental Coleslaw

I made this for the first time tonight.  Now I love my coleslaw with mayonnaise, but this is just as delicious. I didn't put in sunflower seeds or almonds because we can't eat them. I know they are used in a lot of oriental recipes, therefore, you can use them as another option to this recipe.  So if you are looking for a change, give this a try, you won't be sorry you did.


Ingredients:

1 bag coleslaw 
(or broccoli coleslaw)
2 packages of ramen noodles
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar 
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Crush both packages of ramen noodles with rolling pin or hammer while still in bags. I used a hammer...lol. In skillet, melt butter over medium low heat and add noodles. 

Keep stirring noodle till totally coated in butter and are golden brown.  Set aside.

In large bowl add coleslaw, sugar, onions rice wine vinegar, canola oil and soy sauce. Mix together well.  Add ramen noodles and blend well. Refrigerate till dinner.    

You can see the golden brown ramen noodles blended in the coleslaw...mmmm...mmmm Good!

Enjoy! 

This just tastes AWESOME!


Note: You can add sunflower seeds and/or almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment