SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, July 18, 2014

♥ Tex-Mex Home Fried Spicy Potatoes ♥

Tex-Mex Home Fried Spicy Potatoes


Ingredients:

1/2 bag of potatoes with onions & peppers
2 tbsp butter/margarine 
1/4 cup chopped green peppers  
1/4 cup chopped onion

1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb, paprika & oregano
1 can diced tomatoes & green chilies 
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)

Directions:

Spray frying pan with butter flavor cooking spray. (I have my OrGreenic Green Nonstick Frying Pan that I just love. Best pan ever!)  

In frying pan melt butter/margarine and all ingredients except diced tomatoes and cheese.  Cook on medium/high heat covered, mixing and flipping ever 2 minutes.  Continue to to this until potatoes are golden brown about 20 minutes.  

Add diced tomatoes and green chilies. Cover and heat for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Sprinkle chopped jalapeno pepper (optional),and cheese on top and cover.

Heat until cheese melts.

Serves 4 1/2 cup servings....You can top with sour cream, salsa or any of your favorite toppings.  I had mine just the way it is, up tomorrow I'm trying sour cream.  You can serve with your favorite Mexican meal, eggs or burgers.  That' it ..... Enjoy!

You may have seen us eating my White Castle Hamburgers for the last 3 dinners with different sides.  Well, that's my husband John's doing. He even went to the store to buy the little buns...lol... I usually have them prepared in advance and frozen.  We finished the ones that I froze, but he still wanted some.  I didn't buy chop meat when I went shopping, so the only meat I had was frozen.  Once defrosted, you must use it.  I was going to just brown and season the rest to freeze for another meal (like tacos) .... but John wanted my White Castle Hamburgers.  Now you know they must be good!     
John's Dinner... White Castle Hamburgers, my Tex-Mex Corn Salad & my Tex-Mex Home Fried Spicy Potatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment