SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, July 5, 2014

♥ My Purple Potato Salad ♥

My Purple Potato Salad


Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs. purple potatoes sliced with skin
1/2 cup of light mayo
1 tablespoon of mustard


1/2 teaspoon Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Cilantro and Mrs.Dash Garlic & herb
1 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon minced garlic 
1/4 cup of chopped pickles
1/2 cup of onions diced,
1/2 cup of diced celery
2 hard boiled eggs chopped


Directions:

I bought these Steakhouse Roasters at Aldi because they don't sell loose potatoes and I don't need a big 5 lb bag.  As you can see the 3 types of potatoes in the bag. 



I made the potatoes using As Seen On TV, Potato Express. The direction tell you to wet the potatoes and NOT to poke hole in them. Since they were small, I put in the bag about 5-6 potatoes.  The bag says NOT to cook on high.  Well, they don't tell you what power to cook them on, so you must use your judgement. I have a 1250 high wattage microwave with a turntable, so I put it on 80% power. 











You can feel through the bag if they felt still hard or soft.  To my surprise they were perfect!

Purple cooked potato.
Of course you can cook potatoes by boiling them on the stove also. I like the potato Express since they cook faster, plus you don't heat up the kitchen in the hot summer months.

When potatoes are cooled, cut them into 4 quarters and add mayo, chopped pickles, chopped vegetables, seasonings (except paprika) and chopped eggs. Gently combine all ingredients together with large spoon. Place bowl in refrigerator to chill. 
Sprinkle paprika and serve.

Serves 6 1/2 cup servings
ENJOY   


No comments:

Post a Comment