SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

♥ My Tex-Mex Breakfast Burritos Eat & Freeze ♥

♥ My Tex-Mex Breakfast Burritos Eat & Freeze



Ingredients:


1/2 bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery

1/4 cup chopped pico de gallo
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons salsa
1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
1/3 cup butter/margarine
1/2 lb cooked bacon and/or breakfast sausage chopped

Egg Ingredients:

1 dozen eggs
1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
1 teaspoon baking soda (baking soda makes eggs more fluffy)
1/2 cup milk (I use 2%)
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
8 large flour tortillas 
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)


Directions:

Spray large nonstick frying pan (I use Orgreenic frying pan...it's the best to me) with cooking spray and add butter/margarine. I use both with eggs because I don't want it burnt on on bottom plus I like my eggs with that buttery flavor and not to have that oily taste.

When butter/margarine is melted add hash brown potatoes cover and cook on medium high heat stirring every few minutes to make sure they are getting a nice golden brown.

When about half way cooked add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and stir every few minutes until they are done, about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in large bowl add eggs, milk, baking soda and Mrs Dash.  With wisp or fork, beat eggs well.


Pour eggs into potato mixture cover for a few minutes. This makes the eggs cook a little bit faster. Stir and push gently making sure egg are blending with potatoes and egg liquid is reaching the hot pan. Continue to do this until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.


Place your large tortillas on a plate (like the large ones, but you can use small tortillas too) and add you egg mixture to one side of the tortilla, about an inch from the edge. 

Add Mexican cheese and whatever other topping you like. 

I added a little Picante for a little more kick!

Roll until eggs are covered, bring up both sides and continue to roll. 

After I rolled it, I pushed the top of the roll in first.  This helps it not to open. It's like wrapping a gift...lol

I folded the point under and ....

 then I pushed the bottom into the roll

I did this at both ends.


Now your burrito is completely sealed ...

and you are ready to  server 

So enjoy your delicious Tex-Mex Burrito.

Now since you have leftovers,

add rest of egg mixture and cheese to remaining burritos along with your favorite toppings. 


I place the rolled burritos in plastic wrap because it keeps the burrito in it's shape, plus it keeps the air out, so no freezer burn!  

and then into a large baggie marked with what they are and the date. 

Put in freezer and now you have a breakfast ready when you are on the go.  Just pop it into the microwave for a couple of minutes and you have a delicious breakfast or breakfast for dinner too!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment