SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, July 21, 2014

BIBLE READING FOR MONDAY 7/21/14 ~ RELOADED PLUS TEACHINGS FROM JOYCE MEYER

BIBLE READING FOR MONDAY 7/21/14
260 LIVE ~ RELOADED ~ 
 2 Chronicles 33, 36  Jeremiah 1-2
Joyce Meyer. Nine Attitudes that Keep You Happy Part 2


 2 Chronicles 33

MANASSEH REIGNS IN JUDAH
1 Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. 2 He did what was evil in the Lord ’s sight, following the detestable practices of the pagan nations that the Lord had driven from the land ahead of
the Israelites. 3 He rebuilt the pagan shrines his father, Hezekiah, had broken down. He constructed altars for the images of Baal and set up Asherah poles. He also bowed before all the powers of the heavens and worshiped them.4 He built pagan altars in the Temple of the Lord , the place where the Lord had said, “My name will remain in Jerusalem forever.” 5 He built these altars for all the powers of the heavens in both courtyards of the Lord ’s Temple. 6 Manasseh also sacrificed his own sons in the fire 1in the valley of Ben-Hinnom. He practiced sorcery, divination, and witchcraft, and he consulted with mediums and psychics. He did much that was evil in the Lord ’s sight, arousing his anger. 7Manasseh even took a carved idol he had made and set it up in God’s Temple, the very place where God had told David and his son Solomon: “My name will be honored forever in this Temple and in Jerusalem - the city I have chosen from among all the tribes of Israel.8 If the Israelites will be careful to obey my commands - all the laws, decrees, and regulations given through Moses - I will not send them into exile from this land that I set aside for your ancestors.” 9 But Manasseh led the people of Judah and Jerusalem to do even more evil than the pagan nations that the Lord had destroyed when the people of Israel entered the land.
MANASSEH'S REPENTANCE
10 The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they ignored all his warnings. 11 So the Lord sent the commanders of the Assyrian armies, and they took Manasseh prisoner. They put a ring through his nose, bound him in bronze chains, and led him away to Babylon. 12But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors. 13 And when he prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request. So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord alone is God!
14 After this Manasseh rebuilt the outer wall of the City of David, from west of the Gihon Spring in the Kidron Valley to the Fish Gate, and continuing around the hill of Ophel. He built the wall very high. And he stationed his military officers in all of the fortified towns of Judah. 15 Manasseh also removed the foreign gods and the idol from the Lord ’s Temple. He tore down all the altars he had built on the hill where the Temple stood and all the altars that were in Jerusalem, and he dumped them outside the city. 16 Then he restored the altar of the Lord and sacrificed peace offerings and thanksgiving offerings on it. He also encouraged the people of Judah to worship the Lord , the God of Israel. 17 However, the people still sacrificed at the pagan shrines, though only to the Lord their God.
18 The rest of the events of Manasseh’s reign, his prayer to God, and the words the seers spoke to him in the name of the Lord , the God of Israel, are recorded in The Book of the Kings of Israel. 19 Manasseh’s prayer, the account of the way God answered him, and an account of all his sins and unfaithfulness are recorded in The Record of the Seers. 2 It includes a list of the locations where he built pagan shrines and set up Asherah poles and idols before he humbled himself and repented. 20 When Manasseh died, he was buried in his palace. Then his son Amon became the next king.
AMON'S REIGN AND DEATH
21 Amon was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem two years. 22 He did what was evil in the Lord ’s sight, just as his father, Manasseh, had done. He worshiped and sacrificed to all the idols his father had made. 23 But unlike his father, he did not humble himself before the Lord . Instead, Amon sinned even more. 24 Then Amon’s own officials conspired against him and assassinated him in his palace. 25 But the people of the land killed all those who had conspired against King Amon, and they made his son Josiah the next king.
 2 Chronicles 36

JUDAH'S DECLINE
1 Then the people of the land took Josiah’s son Jehoahaz and made him the next king in Jerusalem. 2 Jehoahaz 1 was twenty-three years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. 3 Then he was deposed by the king of Egypt, who demanded that Judah pay 7,500 pounds of silver and 75 pounds of gold 2 as tribute. 4 The king of Egypt then installed Eliakim, the brother of Jehoahaz, as the next king of Judah and Jerusalem, and he changed Eliakim’s name to Jehoiakim. Then Neco took Jehoahaz to Egypt as a prisoner. 
5 Jehoiakim was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eleven years. He did what was evil in the sight of the Lord his God. 6 Then King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon came to Jerusalem and captured it, and he bound Jehoiakim in bronze chains and led him away to Babylon. 7 Nebuchadnezzar also took some of the treasures from the Temple of the Lord , and he placed them in his palace 3 in Babylon. 8 The rest of the events in Jehoiakim’s reign, including all the evil things he did and everything found against him, are recorded in The Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah. Then his son Jehoiachin became the next king. 
9 Jehoiachin was eighteen 4 years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months and ten days. Jehoiachin did what was evil in the Lord ’s sight. 10 In the spring of the year 5 King Nebuchadnezzar took Jehoiachin to Babylon. Many treasures from the Temple of the Lord were also taken to Babylon at that time. And Nebuchadnezzar installed Jehoiachin’s uncle, 6 Zedekiah, as the next king in Judah and Jerusalem. 
11 Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eleven years. 12 He did what was evil in the sight of the Lord his God, and he refused to humble himself when the prophet Jeremiah spoke to him directly from the Lord . 13 He also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar, even though he had taken an oath of loyalty in God’s name. Zedekiah was a hard and stubborn man, refusing to turn to the Lord , the God of Israel. 14 Likewise, all the leaders of the priests and the people became more and more unfaithful. They followed all the pagan practices of the surrounding nations, desecrating the Temple of the Lord that had been consecrated in Jerusalem. 
15 The Lord , the God of their ancestors, repeatedly sent his prophets to warn them, for he had compassion on his people and his Temple. 16But the people mocked these messengers of God and despised their words. They scoffed at the prophets until the Lord ’s anger could no longer be restrained and nothing could be done.
JERUSALEM CAPTURED AND BURNED
17 So the Lord brought the king of Babylon against them. The Babylonians 7 killed Judah’s young men, even chasing after them into the Temple. They had no pity on the people, killing both young men and young women, the old and the infirm. God handed all of them over to Nebuchadnezzar. 18 The king took home to Babylon all the articles, large and small, used in the Temple of God, and the treasures from both the Lord ’s Temple and from the palace of the king and his officials. 19 Then his army burned the Temple of God, tore down the walls of Jerusalem, burned all the palaces, and completely destroyed everything of value. 8 20 The few who survived were taken as exiles to Babylon, and they became servants to the king and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power. 21 So the message of the Lord spoken through Jeremiah was fulfilled. The land finally enjoyed its Sabbath rest, lying desolate until the seventy years were fulfilled, just as the prophet had said. 
THE PROCLAMATION OF CYRUS
22 In the first year of King Cyrus of Persia, 9 the Lord fulfilled the prophecy he had given through Jeremiah. 10 He stirred the heart of Cyrus to put this proclamation in writing and to send it throughout his kingdom: 23 “This is what King Cyrus of Persia says:
“The Lord , the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. He has appointed me to build him a Temple at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Any of you who are the Lord ’s people may go there for this task. And may the Lord your God be with you!” 
Jeremiah 1

THE CALL OF JEREMIAH
1 These are the words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests from the town of Anathoth in the land of Benjamin. 2 The Lord first gave messages to Jeremiah during the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon, king of Judah. 1 3 The Lord ’s messages continued throughout the reign of King Jehoiakim, Josiah’s son, until the eleventh year of the reign of King Zedekiah, another of Josiah’s sons. In August 2 of that eleventh year the people of Jerusalem were taken away as captives.
4 The Lord gave me this message: 
5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” 
6 “O Sovereign Lord ,” I said, “I can’t speak for you! I’m too young!” 
7 The Lord replied, “Don’t say, ‘I’m too young,’ for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. 8 And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord , have spoken!”
9 Then the Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said, “Look, I have put my words in your mouth! 10 Today I appoint you to stand up
against nations and kingdoms.
Some you must uproot and tear down,
destroy and overthrow.
Others you must build up
and plant.” 
11 Then the Lord said to me, “Look, Jeremiah! What do you see?”
And I replied, “I see a branch from an almond tree.” 
12 And the Lord said, “That’s right, and it means that I am watching, 3and I will certainly carry out all my plans.” 
13 Then the Lord spoke to me again and asked, “What do you see now?”
And I replied, “I see a pot of boiling water, spilling from the north.” 
14 “Yes,” the Lord said, “for terror from the north will boil out on the people of this land. 15 Listen! I am calling the armies of the kingdoms of the north to come to Jerusalem. I, the Lord , have spoken! “They will set their thrones
at the gates of the city.
They will attack its walls
and all the other towns of Judah. 
16 I will pronounce judgment
on my people for all their evil -
for deserting me and burning incense to other gods.
Yes, they worship idols made with their own hands! 
17 “Get up and prepare for action.
Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say.
Do not be afraid of them,
or I will make you look foolish in front of them. 
18 For see, today I have made you strong
like a fortified city that cannot be captured,
like an iron pillar or a bronze wall.
You will stand against the whole land -
the kings, officials, priests, and people of Judah. 
19 They will fight you, but they will fail.
For I am with you, and I will take care of you.
I, the Lord , have spoken!” 
Jeremiah 2

ISRAEL FORSAKES THE LORD
1 The Lord gave me another message. He said,
2 “Go and shout this message to Jerusalem. This is what the Lord says: “I remember how eager you were to please me
as a young bride long ago,
how you loved me and followed me
even through the barren wilderness. 
3 In those days Israel was holy to the Lord ,
the first of his children. 4
All who harmed his people were declared guilty,
and disaster fell on them.
I, the Lord , have spoken!” 
4 Listen to the word of the Lord , people of Jacob - all you families of Israel!
5 This is what the Lord says: “What did your ancestors find wrong with me
that led them to stray so far from me?
They worshiped worthless idols,
only to become worthless themselves. 
6 They did not ask, ‘Where is the Lord
who brought us safely out of Egypt
and led us through the barren wilderness -
a land of deserts and pits,
a land of drought and death,
where no one lives or even travels?’ 
7 “And when I brought you into a fruitful land
to enjoy its bounty and goodness,
you defiled my land and
corrupted the possession I had promised you. 
8 The priests did not ask,
‘Where is the Lord ?’
Those who taught my word ignored me,
the rulers turned against me,
and the prophets spoke in the name of Baal,
wasting their time on worthless idols. 
9 Therefore, I will bring my case against you,”
says the Lord .
“I will even bring charges against your children’s children
in the years to come. 
10 “Go west and look in the land of Cyprus 5 ;
go east and search through the land of Kedar.
Has anyone ever heard of anything
as strange as this? 
11 Has any nation ever traded its gods for new ones,
even though they are not gods at all?
Yet my people have exchanged their glorious God 6
for worthless idols! 
12 The heavens are shocked at such a thing
and shrink back in horror and dismay,”
says the Lord . 
13 “For my people have done two evil things:
They have abandoned me -
the fountain of living water.
And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns
that can hold no water at all! 
14 “Why has Israel become a slave?
Why has he been carried away as plunder? 
15 Strong lions have roared against him,
and the land has been destroyed.
The towns are now in ruins,
and no one lives in them anymore. 
16 Egyptians, marching from their cities of Memphis 7 and Tahpanhes,
have destroyed Israel’s glory and power. 
17 And you have brought this upon yourselves
by rebelling against the Lord your God,
even though he was leading you on the way! 
18 “What have you gained by your alliances with Egypt
and your covenants with Assyria?
What good to you are the streams of the Nile 8
or the waters of the Euphrates River? 9 
19 Your wickedness will bring its own punishment.
Your turning from me will shame you.
You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is
to abandon the Lord your God and not to fear him.
I, the Lord, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken! 
20 “Long ago I broke the yoke that oppressed you
and tore away the chains of your slavery,
but still you said,
‘I will not serve you.’
On every hill and under every green tree,
you have prostituted yourselves by bowing down to idols. 
21 But I was the one who planted you,
choosing a vine of the purest stock - the very best.
How did you grow into this corrupt wild vine? 
22 No amount of soap or lye can make you clean.
I still see the stain of your guilt.
I, the Sovereign Lord , have spoken! 
23 “You say, ‘That’s not true!
I haven’t worshiped the images of Baal!’
But how can you say that?
Go and look in any valley in the land!
Face the awful sins you have done.
You are like a restless female camel
desperately searching for a mate. 
24 You are like a wild donkey,
sniffing the wind at mating time.
Who can restrain her lust?
Those who desire her don’t need to search,
for she goes running to them! 
25 When will you stop running?
When will you stop panting after other gods?
But you say, ‘Save your breath.
I’m in love with these foreign gods,
and I can’t stop loving them now!’ 
26 “Israel is like a thief
who feels shame only when he gets caught.
They, their kings, officials, priests, and prophets -
all are alike in this. 
27 To an image carved from a piece of wood they say,
‘You are my father.’
To an idol chiseled from a block of stone they say,
‘You are my mother.’
They turn their backs on me,
but in times of trouble they cry out to me,
‘Come and save us!’ 
28 But why not call on these gods you have made?
When trouble comes, let them save you if they can!
For you have as many gods
as there are towns in Judah. 
29 Why do you accuse me of doing wrong?
You are the ones who have rebelled,”
says the Lord . 
30 “I have punished your children,
but they did not respond to my discipline.
You yourselves have killed your prophets
as a lion kills its prey. 
31 “O my people, listen to the words of the Lord !
Have I been like a desert to Israel?
Have I been to them a land of darkness?
Why then do my people say, ‘At last we are free from God!
We don’t need him anymore!’ 
32 Does a young woman forget her jewelry?
Does a bride hide her wedding dress?
Yet for years on end
my people have forgotten me. 
33 “How you plot and scheme to win your lovers.
Even an experienced prostitute could learn from you! 
34 Your clothing is stained with the blood of the innocent and the poor,
though you didn’t catch them breaking into your houses! 
35 And yet you say,
‘I have done nothing wrong.
Surely God isn’t angry with me!’
But now I will punish you severely
because you claim you have not sinned. 
36 First here, then there -
you flit from one ally to another asking for help.
But your new friends in Egypt will let you down,
just as Assyria did before. 
37 In despair, you will be led into exile
with your hands on your heads,
for the Lord has rejected the nations you trust.
They will not help you at all. 
If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 
For everyone has
sinned; we all fall short of God's 
glorious 
standard.        



Acts 3:19 
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND ACCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"


Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.


John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."



Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD

    Roman 10:9-10, 13  

    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
    If you are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.
    Dear God, 
    know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
    Amen



    GOD BLESS OUR NATION

    Join this site under FOLLOWERS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment