SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, July 7, 2012

PASTA BOAT (PASTA n' MORE) As Seen On TV

Join this site
on front page
tab in right
upper corner




Okay , I am an Infomercial Junkie and one night I seen about a year or so ago the Pasta n' More on an infomercial.  I didn't buy it then, but when shopping at Walmart seen it there too.  If you know me before my accident, I was always busy doing something and usually more than one thing at a time. 







When you make spaghetti you have the wait for the water to boil and then put in your pasta.  Now you have to wait again for the water to boil and reduce the heat a little or it will go over and onto your stove.  Plus you have to put in cooking oil (which adds calories) or it will stick to the bottom of the pot or stick together, both shown in the commercial. They said that it cooks at the right temperature so this doesn't happen.

Well, I decided to buy it and give it a try.  I also liked the idea that you don't have to wait for the water to boil before putting in the pasta.  That was a great selling point for me since I was always shuffling more than thing while cooking dinner and having to watch water boil....lol, well, that's wasting time.  Also, that  I didn't have to fill the big pot, use cooking oil, get out my colander to drain the water either. That of course makes less dishes too, another time saver.

Needless to say, when I first tried it I LOVED IT RIGHT AWAY!!!!  Yes, perfect pasta.  All you have to do is use whatever cooking time that in on the pasta box, put pasta in, add water by using measuring line or as I do, just like on a stove, make sure pasta is covered with water. Pop it into the microwave, set timer and that's it.  NO WATCHING WATER BOIL OR STIRRING PASTA!


When it's done, using the cool handles, (that's also used to measure spaghetti), take it out of the microwave,  pop on the drainage lid and poor out the water.  If you are making pasta salad, you can run cold water on pasta and drain at the same time.  Now no need for a serving bowl, you can make your pasta salad right in it, (less dishes) or just bring to table as a serving bowl for you favorite pasta dinner.  Any leftovers, just pop on the storage lid and place in your refrigerator.  No need to get another container...less dishes....less work and time...YES!!!

Well, they stopped selling this product for a while, don't know why. Maybe because of the name, sounded more like a pasta dish instead of a cooking product. 

Since I've been disabled, and you all know I don't sleep. Well, one night I seen my Pasta n' More on TV. It was call Pasta Boat, so of course I watch the infomercial. It was red instead of blue (which is mine). but they called it a Pasta Boat.  Okay, they changed the name since it is the same product, same company,  even the same lady in the commercial was the same.  Except for the color, name and they offer one less steamer, it was the same product.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's back out on the marker.  Being disabled, it's also easier for me since I don't have to carry a big pot with boiling water to drain.  I wouldn't be able to do that since I use walker now.  Therefore, it's great for people like me.

Even if you don't know how to cook, you too can make great pasta every time.  This product is perfect for collage students that may not have a stove, just a microwave, now they can make pasta and save money by not eating out one or two nights.

I give this product CCCup.  This is ONE GREAT PRODUCT AND RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO LOVES PASTA



.


No comments:

Post a Comment