SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, July 23, 2012

MAKE TIME FOR JESUS

 Martha preparing dinner for Jesus AERTSEN, Pieter

You need to read Luke 10:38-42.  This is a very important lesson we all need to hear. This is something I am still working on.  Yes,
I excepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I read the bible, I pray, and I do my devotionals. But when it comes to making a special time for Him, well those of you that really know me, know that I always did more than one thing at a time. That can be a good thing, but when it comes to spending time with the Lord, it's not. I



have this problem of not just taking time to be with the Lord. Talking to Him about anything and everything. Listening to Him on what He wants of me.

http://bible.us/Luke10.38.NLT

38  As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home.  39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40  But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”
41  But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42  There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”


So, yes this is something I am still working on.  What I'm trying to say is that I'm more like Martha. 

At church today, our pastor talked about how Martha was so busy, she was missing the big picture of why she was having the dinner in the first place. Mary on the other hand, just wanted to listen to what Jesus was preaching.  She was enjoying his company and just spending time with him.  Yes, we all need food and water to live, therefore, Martha was doing a good thing because she wanted everyone to be fed since they were hungry and tired from their travels. But Martha went overboard, doing more then she needed to do.  Therefore, she got angry that she was doing all the work and not enjoying herself like her sister Mary was.  She forgot that she wanted to please the Lord, but since she was doing too much, she became tired and started complaining about all she was doing and Mary didn't help. Martha forgot that she was doing this to please Lord and He didn't need her to make the dinner into a big deal.  That they just needed a meal with some water and for her to join them, for her to enjoy His company.  To live spiritually, you need to drink the living water and not worry about what you will eat.




Jesus offers the "Living Water" to the Samaritan woman at the well:

Samaritan woman at well13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:13-14

http://bible.us/Matt6.31.WEB
31 “Therefore don’t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’, ‘What will we drink?’ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?’  32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  33 But seek first God’s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

This is something that I'm going to work on in my own life.  We all think of what we have to do every minute of the day.  Well, why not include Jesus on what you are thinking.  Ask His advise when you are confused. Ask for help getting you home safe from work and not hit traffic. If you do hit traffic, to give you patience while you are in it.  It might be even a good time to just listen and not speak.  Ask for help when you are lost and your husband won't ask for directions...I do that one often.  I said, "Lord, give John a sign cause we are in the woods, picking up Missy from a camp and we are lost." Now this is a true story, Missy was 9 and at a Christian Camp. Not even a minute went by, and there it was, the sign lying on the ground.  There was dirt and leaves on it, but John seen something on the ground and I guess the Good Lord made him stop the car to check it out.....Yes, he stopped.  It was the camp sign.  I asked for a sign and He gave us a real sign.  We weren't lost after all.  The camp was up the road in front of us, just about a half mile away.

I ask for help many times, this is just one that I'll never forget.  But even with all of this, I too forget to include God in just talking to him.  What I'm trying to say is, we can pray for the sick for healing, for people that lost a love one, for salvation of our friends and family, for financial help etc.  That's great, God loves when we do this.  I know this may be hard for you cause it is for me just to talk to God for no reason. 

I was brought up not to ask God for the little things like finding your car keys or your earring that fell out while you were sleeping and it isn't in you bed or blanket.  I was brought up believing that God was too busy to be bothered with little things, and we only ask for the big and important ones.  That's not true, you can't have a relationship with the Lord unless you include Him in everything in your life.

Here is an example: Your family is having a good time at dinner talking to each other, but not including you in any of the conforsation.  When you try to talk, they talk over you and don't listen to what you have to say.  Do you think your family is having a good relationship with you when they didn't talk, listen or include you?  The only time they talk to you is when they needed something from you, like a ride to the mall, help with homework, pay the electric bill they forgot to do...etc.  You wouldn't feel that you had a relationship with them at all.  Well, we shouldn't do this to Our Lord!!!  

The bottom line is.....Make Time For Jesus, and include him in everything.  Remember in order to have a relationship with anyone including God, it works both ways.  He'll always be there for you, so why not start being there for him?

MAKE TIME FOR JESUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment