SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, July 20, 2012

BACK AT MY PHYSICAL THERAPY


Well, Wednesday was my first day back at my physical therapy after not going for 3 weeks. I was unable to go since my sections ran out and my therapist put in a request to my doctor  to renew them, but didn't get a reply from my doctor.  My doctor wanted to see me first, to see my progress before writing a prescription for more therapy.  He wanted to see if there was any improvement and what therapy I needed. 

By the time I had my appointment, already a week had past without therapy.  When I did see him, he said that I was at a plateau, that there was no improvement, but that was normal with my type of injury and said that he would renew my therapy. 
Well, a week went by and Brent, my therapist at 24 Hour Fitness didn't receive the prescription yet, so he had me call my doctor to have it faxed over to receptionist at 24 Hour Fitness since Brent was taking a couple of vacation days off.  When he returned to work he look to see if the fax came in, only to find out there was still no fax.  He had me call again and finally he received the fax with the prescription.  He had to now submit it to Workers Comp for approval, which he received, so I was able to start my therapy Wednesday. 
Brent needed to measure my knee now, to see if there was any new improvement since there was a 3 week gap in therapy only to find out my knee had regressed.  There wasn't any progress at all, just the opposite. He had me start my exercises on the bike for 20 minutes, then do some table exercises, which was a leg raise in 4 different directions.  10 times and 3 reps each.  Next was my squats which is when I sit in a chair and get up, I go on my toes, hold for 5 seconds and sit again.  I have to do this 20 times and 2 reps and I do this without holding on.  When I'm on my toes, I loose my balance, so he lets me put my fingers tips on the table just in case I loose my balance, which I do each time...lol.
MY SWOLLEN KNEE
Today, was my 2nd appointment for my therapy.  I did the same as on Wednesday.  Now that I'm home, my knee hurts and my knee and leg are both swollen too.  Besides it being swollen, I noticed that my right leg is now shorter than the left....I guess that could be why I wobble and lose my balance so much when I walk.
See my toes, you can see that my feet are
together on the floor, but the right  leg is not
even with  the left.
But, God is good, I'm not going to worry about that...at least I'm moving around and not bed ridden.  There are people that have bigger problems then me.












1 comment:

  1. How are you now, Trish? Were your knees able to get back to the same size after the sessions with Brent? It is really important to have regular therapy sessions, so that your knees won’t regress again. Besides, by having a schedule, you’ll be able to observe if your knees are getting better or not. I hope you’re fine now!

    Regards,
    Sienna Christie

    ReplyDelete