SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, October 7, 2012

SUNDAY 10/7 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional - God Can Raise the Lazaruses in Your Life


SUNDAY 10/7 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional - God Can Raise the Lazaruses in Your Life 



John 11:40

40 Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?”

God Can Raise the Lazaruses in Your Life 


Remember when Jesus visited Mary and Martha after their brother Lazarus had been dead for four days? When He finally arrived, Martha said, "Master, if You had been here, my brother would not have died" (John 11:21 AMP).

Martha was clearly in a state of despair. Then, "Jesus said to her, 'Your brother shall rise again.' Martha replied, 'I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day'" (vv. 23-24). I don't think she really understood what Jesus was saying. She was looking toward a future possibility, not a present reality. She didn't really expect things to change.

A lot of us are like Martha, stuck in our troubles, not realizing that God can turn things around. But Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, and He can raise the 'Lazaruses' in your life.

Don't lose hope. You might be hurting now, but out of every disaster, God can bring a new beginning. Believe in God, and watch Him show His glory in your life.

Prayer Starter: Lord, I know that You will work every situation for Your glory. Instead of getting caught up in my problems, I believe that You can raise the 'Lazaruses' in my life.





JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGE: http://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx


If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:


Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

1
John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN


Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"

    Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

    C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13 .....9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
      If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.

        Dear God,

        I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray. Amen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment