SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ABOUT ME & WEDNESDAY NIGHTS BIBLE STUDY & WHAT I LEARNED.

Wednesday night was Bible Study at NorthWest Bible Church and I was studying John 19.  Well, this story teaches me about how much Jesus loves us.  He knowingly was willing to be crucified so that I can be saved.  




To me that is amazing in it's self.  Can you imagine knowing that you are going to suffer such pain by being whipped, thorns dug into your head, having your hands and feed nailed to a cross and then just hanging there???

I know most everyone that is a Christian knows about the crucifixion of Jesus.  We read the Bible daily and hope to read the whole Bible each year.  But there is a reason for that...it's because each time we do, something else just jumps out and hits us.  Something that we can relate to.  Something we need to share with others what we learned.  Even if you are a Christian, we sometimes take Jesus for granted.  We take God for granted.  Well, John 19 jumped out at me and made me think about how my small amount of pain and made me realize the tremendous amount of pain Jesus had endured.

I know this may sound gross, but when I had my halo on my leg and it weighed about ten pounds. I had ten pins going through my skin to the bone in my leg.  I was not allowed to put any weight on it which was good.  I say this because the more I moved, it pulled on the skin.  Gravity made it pull even getting up to go to the bathroom or get into the wheelchair. 

The two days before it was to be removed, the pulling at the pin sight near the ankle got really bad.  Your skin there is thinner and there is less bone there as well, giving it not much support.  I was in so much pain, that I called the doctor hoping I could stay at the hospital, which I did.  I wanted to stay since I wouldn't have to get up and be in pain to use the bathroom...if you know what I mean.  

Now my pain was at one spot and I was able to lay down so that I could stop the pulling and tearing of the skin.   I couldn't take it since to me it was unbearable.  Jesus was hanging on the cross for hours with nails in his hands and feel after being tortured.  His skin tearing with no relief in sight.  

Jesus did this for us.  He obeyed his Father and gave His life for me....for us.....this is the most precious gift and it's so easy to receive it....all we have to do is admit you are a sinner and confess your sins, believe Jesus is the Son of God, your Savior, that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and except Him into your heart, confessing Him as your Lord and Savior.  What can be more simple then that???

If you haven't done so already, what are you waiting for????  Just say this simple prayer below...THAT'S IT!!!


Dear God,

I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment