SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, October 12, 2012

ABOUT ME & WEDNESDAY NIGHTS BIBLE STUDY & WHAT I LEARNED.



Wednesday night was Bible Study at NorthWest Bible Church and we were studying John 9-13.  Well, chapter 12 was the story that teaches me about how some people think and find it so hard to have faith.  I will show you how it relates to me and how it can relate to you as well.




It was six days before the Passover celebration began, Jesus arrived in Bethany, the home of Lazarus—the man he had raised from the dead. A dinner was prepared in Jesus’ honor. Martha served, and Lazarus was among those who ate with him.Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus’ feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair.


When all the people heard of Jesus’ arrival, they flocked to see him and also to see Lazarus, the man Jesus had raised from the dead. Then the leading priests decided to kill Lazarus, too, for it was because of him that many of the people had deserted them and believed in Jesus.

Many in the crowd had seen Jesus call Lazarus from the tomb, raising him from the dead, and they were telling others about it. That was the reason so many went out to meet him—because they had heard about this miraculous sign. Then the Pharisees said to each other, “There’s nothing we can do. Look, everyone has gone after him!”

But despite all the miraculous signs Jesus had done, most of the people still did not believe in him.
 38This is exactly what Isaiah the prophet had predicted:
“LORD, who has believed our message?
To whom has the LORD revealed his powerful arm?”#
39But the people couldn’t believe, for as Isaiah also said,
40“The Lord has blinded their eyes
and hardened their hearts—
so that their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and have me heal them.”#
41Isaiah was referring to Jesus when he said this, because he saw the future and spoke of the Messiah’s glory. 42Many people did believe in him, however, including some of the Jewish leaders. But they wouldn’t admit it for fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue. 43For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.

44Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. 45For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. 46I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark.47I will not judge those who hear me but don’t obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. 48But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken.49I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say.”

The unbelief of the people had really amazed me.  Even after seeing and hearing about all the miraculous signs Jesus had done, they still didn't believe.  Then you had some that did believe, but refused to admit it because of Pharisees.  I do understand why this happened because of what Isaiah, the prophet had predicted...
 40“The Lord has blinded their eyes
and hardened their hearts—
so that their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and have me heal them.”
This was so Jesus would have to die on the cross.  That his sacrifice would save those who believed he is the Christ, the  Son of God, the Savior of the World.

I'm sharing with you this Bible story and how I can relate to them. Times and people haven't changed much.  Still today, people refuse to believe or admit they believe because of what other people might say or think.  

Some might say that I'm a religious fanatic, or they might think I feel I'm better then them.  They might tell me that they are a Christian, they go to church. Well, I'm none of those things.  I have a relationship with God.  That means praying all the time.  No, not a memorized prayer that you can say without even thinking.  It's talking to God about anything and everything.  When someone asks to pray for them, I do it right away so I don't forget.  When I can't find something I misplaced, I say, okay God, you know I need it, please show me where to look or God, it's not an important thing, but you know it means a lot to me, so if you want me to have it, please let me find it.  I thank Him for helping me handle whatever life gives me. I thank Him for waking up in the morning, all His beautiful creations, the sky, the ocean, the trees and of course what I do have, my family, home, health, and even my animals.

Going to church don't make us a Christian anymore then going to McDonald's don't make us a burger.  Some people might say, it's to easy, Jesus won't forgive me....I done so many bad things...I'm not good enough.  Well, it is that easy because we all are sinners and not worthy. No one can keep the 10 Commandments.  That was the Old Covenant when everyone     sacrificed burnt offerings to God for their sins.  

We no longer have to do that.  Jesus brought about the New Covenant through His death. Today, people are blind to Jesus because they refuse to believe and not because of a prophecy.  The Messiah had come and was the sacrificial lamb for our sins....ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment