SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, October 4, 2012

ABOUT ME & LAST NIGHTS BIBLE STUDY

Last night was Bible Study at NorthWest Bible Church and we were studying John 5, Jesus Heals a Lame Man at the pool of Bethesda. Crowds came to the pool that were blind, lame or paralyzed.  

One of them was a man that had been sick for 38 years. Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time and asked him, "Would you like to get well?" 

The man said, "I can't sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me." Jesus told him, "Stand up, pick up you mat and walk!"


The Jewish leaders objected to the man who was cured, telling him,“You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn't allow you to carry that sleeping mat!” But he replied, “The man who healed me told me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’” They asked him, “Who said such a thing?” The man didn’t know, Jesus had disappeared into the crowd. But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple. Then the man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him.

The second Bible story was, John 6 when Jesus Feeds Five Thousand.  Jesus crossed over to the far side of the Sea of Galilee, and a huge crowd kept following him wherever he went, because they saw his miraculous signs as he healed the sick. It was nearly time for the Jewish Passover celebration.  Jesus saw the huge crowd of people coming to look for him. Jesus asked Philip,“Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?”  He was testing Philip, for he already knew what he was going to do.  Philip said, “Even if we worked for months, we wouldn't have enough money to feed them!”


Then Andrew said, “There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”  Jesus said,  “Tell everyone to sit down.”  There were 5,000 men alone.  Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks to God, and distributed them to the people. Afterward he did the same with the fish. And they all ate as much as they wanted. After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.”  So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.

When the people saw Jesus do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, “Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting!” When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself.

In both these stories, I can relate.  The lame man (I too am lame now, so I can relate to this man), was so excited that he was healed after being lame for 38 years, he wanted to tell everyone what Jesus done.  Jesus had done so much for me...I too want to tell everyone about Him.  (Then the man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him.)  No, I am still lame, but I would not have been able to handle what I have been through this past year without Jesus by my side.  Everyone that knows me can testify how much I give praise to Jesus in getting me through. I do not feel sorry for myself nor am I depressed.  With out Jesus in my life, showing his goodness by sending me his angels, putting my needs on their hearts to help, and providing for me and my family, I know God keeps his promise.   “I will never fail you.  I will never abandon you.”[a]  Hebrews 13:5  (NLT)

Also, the 5,000 people He fed with only 5 barley loaves and 2 fish.  This story, Jesus not only fed them food to eat but also the Bread of Life. All they had to to do is believe He was the Son of God.  
"I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."  John 6:35 (NKJV) I believe Jesus is my Savior and like the 5,000 He fed with so little, He provided for me this summer.  I worked 3 jobs to make ends meet before my accident.  Since my accident we only had my husbands salary to pay our bills and to live on.  God sent his angels with food, gift cards, a hospital bed, people to drive me to VBS and therapy when I needed.  God, made just a little of what we had into more than enough.  “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25  The food that was sent to me I had leftovers. (Jesus told his disciples, “Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.”  So they picked up the pieces and filled twelve baskets with scraps left by the people who had eaten from the five barley loaves.)  

I'm sharing with you these Bible stories and how I can relate to them.  God still preforms miracles...all you have to do is have faith.  What has God do for you and what Bible story can you relate it to????  Think about it....God Bless You All


No comments:

Post a Comment