SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, February 25, 2012

THE HALO IS OFF MY LEG & CELEBRATING IT & MY ANGEL GIRL'S 21ST BIRTHDAY


      As you all know by now, last week Thursday, February 16th, I finally had my Halo taken off my leg
that I had on since November 6th.  Well yesterday was the follow up with Dr. Brinker.  He took all the bandages off and said that his work looked good and that I was don't to see him and from now on.  The next follow up will be with Dr Elkousy in 2 weeks on March 12th.  Dr Elkousy will then decide how well his work is doing and when I can start physical therapy. 

      Here in the above picture, you can see how swollen my ankle is.  You can also see all the bandages that made the brace so big.  This is what caused  the brace to slide, making my leg itch.  As for the swelling of the ankle, if I bend my foot as if to stand, but not putting any weight on it of course, the balls of my foot would have a stabbing pain and shoot into the 3 big toes.  The swelling would also make my ankle stiff  after a very short time and the toes and ankle felt as if your went to the dentist and he gives you a novacaine before a drilling or tooth extraction. Now for all you that are curious as my family and I was to see what my beautiful leg looks like now.  See the pictures below!

As you can  see the swelling of my leg.


Missy said, my leg looks like some one's target practice!

Now for celebrating Missy's 21st Birthday!


After coming with us to Texas Orthopedic Hospital for my doctors appointment,  We had to celebrate the good news  of my leg and  of course we had a small celebration taking Missy to dinner at Chili's.  She is now 21 and legal.......Sooooooooooooo, she had her 1st legal drink.  The picture above is just so appropriate since you can see My Little Angel and God's Miracle Child, My Baby Girl,
Missy all grown up.



 
THE 1ST LEGAL  DRINK!



DAD LOOKIN ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment