SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ANGELS THAT CAN COOK!!



Yes, there are angels that can cook.  As you know that I am still bed ridden, since October 25th. It hasn't been easy to stay in bed all this time. I been keeping busy paying bills, watching The Nate Berkus Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Dr.Oz Show...... not to mention writing this blog.
Nate Berkus gave me a lot of ideas on making really nice gifts, and wish I was able to get up so I can
do some of his great home decorating ideas......at this point I'd be happy to be able to clean.  Now you know I've been going stir crazy. 

Ellen is really funny and makes me laugh and not think about myself.  She does a lot of great things for people. One that stood out for me was her helping this school that didn't have enough funding for books, computers, school supplies and other school equipment.  The children in that go to this school, come from poor or broken homes.  Some children are in many different foster homes.  Ellen and Target Stores donated to this school and the children, clothes and back packs, school supplies and other equipment that assisted to the teaching of these children.  At Christmas, tons of toys that lit up these children's little faces. 

Dr. Oz is great to watch since he talks about what foods to help with high blood pressure, your heart, digestion, and of course foods to lose weight.  He also has some great recipes.  Now speaking of recipes.....that's where my Angels That Can Cook come into this blog.

I belong to NorthWest Bible Church that has a great way of serving people that are ill or disabled due to an illness or like in my case and accident.  People that can't cook for themselves or for their families.  These service is call TakeThemAMeal.com .  These people are truly God's Angels.  They are loving people that give up their time,  which I'm sure have busy lives of their own to help others.  Well I must say that we have been blessed with some great meals.  They might not be Weight Watchers recipes, but since I don't get any real physical exercise since I'm bed ridden, I try not to eat too much, therefore, keeping within the Weigh Watchers points.   I don't think I have gained any weight, but I can't be sure since of course I can't weigh myself....lol.  One of recipes I posted to this blog, it's called, what else but......White Bean Chili.  So check it out and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment