SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, August 22, 2013

THURSDAY 8/22/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional-What Do We Do?

THURSDAY 8/22/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional-What Do We Do?


Galatians 6:9

9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
You know God is working in our lives when yesterday in my post, "This Is The Day The Lord Has Made...(PT2) and parts of my message is similar to what Joyce is saying today. I believe this was no accident.  God has a message for all of us to listen to live it out as well.  God put His message on my heart for me to post yesterday. Some non believers might say that it was just a coincidence.  If you are a true believer in God and listen to what he tells you to do, it will always be God's work He wants to do through us.

What Do We Do?  by Joyce Meyer

In the world we live in, we are going to have all kinds of problems, frustrations and difficulties. That's just life. So knowing this, what do we do?

We must remain steadfast and persevere. In other words, the answer is never give up! No matter what's going on in our lives, the victory is in refusing to quit.

Keep in mind that in the heat of our struggles, the Holy Spirit is probably doing His greatest work within us. He is not moved by the circumstances. If you and I really trust Him, we shouldn't be either! He's not in our lives for good times only, but for the difficult times as well.

He will lead us through anything if we'll just hang in there and follow Him. This means being diligent in prayer, relentless in our resolve, unwavering in faith, and determined to stand firmly on God's Word and His promises to us.

So many times we can be sidetracked by how slowly things seem to be going. In fact, the enemy loves to point that out! But remember, that's when God may be doing some of His greatest work. You see, it's not all about you and me. The Lord's work in us is preparation for the work He wants to do through us!

I know life can be hard sometimes. But I also know that God will help us if we remain steadfast. Let's stand on Galatians 6:9: "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up" (NLT).

So let me ask that question again: What do we do? My answer is, never give up! What's your answer?

Prayer Starter: God, I believe that You are at work in my life, even during difficult times. I choose today to remain steadfast and to never give up in obedience to You.





JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGEhttp://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx


If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN


Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"

    Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

    C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13 .....9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

      If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.


        Dear God,

        I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.  Amen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment