SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, August 2, 2013

GOOD TO KNOW……..INFO from FIRE DEPARTMENT:



I am sharing this story seen on Facebook since I believe it is very important for everyone to know.



GOOD TO KNOW……..INFO from FIRE DEPARTMENT:

Above is a picture of a CFL light bulb from my bathroom. I turned it on the other day and then smelled smoke after a few minutes. Four inch flames were spewing out of the side of the ballast like a blow torch! I immediately turned off the lights. But I'm sure it would have caused a fire if I was not right there. Imagine if the kids had left the lights on as usual when they were not in the room.


I took the bulb to the Fire Department to report the incident. The Fireman wasn't at all surprised and said that it was not an uncommon occurrence. Apparently, sometimes when the bulb burns out there is a chance that the ballast can start a fire. He told me that the Fire Marshall had issued reports about the dangers of these bulbs.

Upon doing some Internet research, it seems that bulbs made by“Globe” in China seem to have the lion’s share of problems. Lots of fires have been blamed on misuse of CFL bulbs, like using them in recessed lighting, pot lights, dimmers or in track lighting. Mine was installed in a normal light socket.

I bought these at Wal-Mart. I will be removing all the Globe bulbs from my house. CFL bulbs are a great energy saver but make sure you buy a name brand like Sylvania , Phillips or GE and not the ones from China .

Story was posted on Facebook by, Dianne Congdon


THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME IN MY OFFICE THIS PAST TUESDAY. FIRST THE LIGHT FLICKERED AND I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT TO BURN OUT. IT KEPT FLICKERING, SO I LOOKED UP AND SEEN SMOKE AND ALSO STARTED TO SMELL BURNING RUBBER. I QUICKLY SHUT THE LIGHT OFF. I TOLD MY HUSBAND WHAT HAPPENED SO THAT HE WOULD NOT TURN ON THE LIGHT WHEN GOING INTO THE OFFICE. HE THOUGHT WE JUST NEEDED A NEW SOCKET AND NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE BULB. I TOO BOUGHT THEM FROM      WAL-MART. IF I LEFT THE OFFICE AND DIDN'T TURN OFF THE LIGHT, THE HOUSE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT FIRE. PRAISE THE LORD I WAS IN THE ROOM WHEN THIS HAPPENED.

I would like to thank Dianne Congdon for posting this Very Important Information.

3 comments:

  1. it is just someone has something against Walmart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did have a problem with them as I stated above, so for me it's not Wal-Mart, just to bulb. I don't have a problem with Wal-Mart. I buy their brand product all the time. I go there at least every other week. Both my husband and I said even if we won the Lottery, we would still go to Wal-mart and to any other stores that has the same product for less. Why spend more when you don't have to.

      Anyway, I just don't want anyone to get hurt or lose their home. But thank you for reading my blog and making your comment. May you have a Blessed Day ☺

      Delete
  2. Urban Legend http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cflbulb.asp

    ReplyDelete