SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Testimony of God's Work ...(This story took place July 2013)

True Testimony of God's Work
(This story took place July 2013)


The good Lord works in mysterious ways. I received a weird phone call earlier tonight asking if we were related to an Abel S****. Of course I’m not and I didn’t know if anyone by that

name. I was getting ready for bed and the phone rings. I didn’t get to it in time and it rings again. Me being slow getting around I missed that one too, but I went to check the number and it was a local number with no name, so I called that number and the man asks me if I know a Ricardo S***. it rang a bell to me that his name is Ricky S****, which I did know. His daughter Chelsea and my daughter Missy played softball together for quite a few years. He was a single dad living in an apartment and when summer break came around he did not want her to be alone. So I watched her during the summer months when school was out. In his wallet he left emergency contacts with no names. I was a contact for Chelsea since she was in my care. I’m glad Ricky didn’t clean out his wallet after all these years. I was able to track down Chelsea, which is now grown and has her own family, through Facebook. I sent her a quick message to call me that it was very important. In minutes she did and I was able to let her know that her dad is very sick and is in ICU at Methodist Hospital at Willowbrook. Chelsea is now on her way from Booker Texas to see her dad.

I’m telling this story because if it wasn’t for me watching Chelsea through these years and using me as an emergency contact for Chelsea, he would never have had my number in his wallet and his daughter would have never known that her dad was in the hospital. I don’t know why he didn’t have her number or if Chelsea didn't answer the phone not knowing the number that was calling. It was not by chance I was able to contact her. The Good Lord I believe had His hand in this for a very long time .

Ricky was taken off life support and he was breathing on his own. After a week of fighting, Ricky pasted away on Monday, he was 59 years old.  Please pray for Chelsea and her family in dealing with their loss. God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment