SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WEDNESDAY 9/12 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional: The Hidden Power of Confession

WEDNESDAY 9/12 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional:  The Hidden Power of Confession


Jeremiah 23:29

29 Does not my word burn like fire?” says the LORD. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?          


The Hidden Power of Confession
What do you usually think of when you hear the word "confession"? Many people think first of the definition that has a negative connotation, being forced to admit you have done something wrong. But when we agree with God's Word by "confessing" it out loud, the result is always positive.
An acquaintance of mine says we cannot defeat Goliath with our mouths shut. When David was preparing to do battle with the giant Goliath, he ran toward him, confessing out loud what he believed the end result of the battle would be: "This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand... "(1 Sam. 17:46 AMP).
This is a good example of how we should approach the enemies in our own lives. We must open our mouths and speak the Word of God.
I strongly encourage you to confess the Word of God out loud daily. Each time a thought comes to your mind that does not agree with God's Word, confess the truth of His Word out loud, and you will find that the power of the Word will overcome the lie.
Prayer Starter: God, I know that Your Word is powerful...nothing can stand against it. Every time I find myself in a difficult situation, remind me to confess Your Word out loud.



JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES:
http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.
Dear God,

I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray. Amen

Join this site on front page tab in right upper corner



No comments:

Post a Comment