SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, September 14, 2012

FRIDAY 9/14 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional: Facing the Cost of Self-Discipline



FRIDAY 9/14 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional: Facing the Cost of Self-Discipline



Romans 12:12
12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying 

Facing the Cost of Self-Discipline
As Christians, many of us have the idea that everything in our lives should be perfect simply because we are Christians. But Jesus clearly warned us, "In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration!" (John 16:33 AMP).
Jesus said we would have to deal with worldly troubles. These things are a part of life that we must all face when we lay down our selfish desires to follow Him.
The apostle Paul wrote, "But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it!"(1 Corinthians 9:27).
Paul is speaking here about self-discipline. Being self-disciplined means laying down our sinful desires and doing the right thing by God's grace, no matter what the cost.
It's not always easy. Dying to self will bring necessary suffering, but remember, even in the face of our suffering, there is hope, for Christ has overcome the world!  And like Paul said, we can "rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer."
Prayer Starter: God, I decide in advance to please You, whether my flesh is willing or not. Even if I need to suffer to do Your will, I know that there is hope, for Your Spirit is in me, and You have overcome the world. 





JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: 
http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGE: http://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx

If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.
Dear God,

I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray. Amen

Join this site on front page tab in right upper corner








No comments:

Post a Comment