SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, September 28, 2012

THE LATEST ABOUT ME.

Many of you have been asking about me and how I've been doing.  Well, to be honest, I'm doing okay.  No, I'm not the person you all know that worked 3 jobs, running here and there.  Now it's a challenge to walk from the car, to the store, to get the scooter. I walk like I'm a Weeble Wobble and I try to make sure I don't fall down...lol. Because of the way I walk, my back starts to hurt between my shoulder blades, and this affects my breathing.  When I sit, I'm fine, just can't sit still because the old me wants to go...lol.


No, I'm not complaining, because there are people out there that can't walk at all.  There are people out there that have cancer, or some other terrible disease.  I'm alive and God must have other plans for my life.

I feel, totally blessed with all the people that I call Angels, that brought me and my family food, sent gift cards, called, email and texted me.  I still have all the cards from the kids that they made, I just don't have the heart to through them away.

Right now God has given me time to read the Bible more and share the Bible and devotionals on Facebook, Tweeter and even pray with people from my church that have been ill.  Through my blog, I even made friends with Christians in Africa that love Joyce Meyer.  God is good.  I have learned to turn my situation into doing good for others.

One of the people that I've been praying with is just like me with her spirit.  She too is not letting her accident get her down.  She injured her left leg falling off the back of a motorcycle.   She had pins put in the inside of her leg, instead of having a halo like I had.  She hopes to be back on the motorcycle by January.  That's where she and I are different...I think I'll skip the motorcycle and stick to a car...just a little bit more safer...lol.  Neither one of us let out broken legs keep us down.  We joke that we are going to have a one legged race.

Because I have been reading the Bible more and listening to Joyce Meyer, one day my husband seen me listening to her on YouTube,  he said that he'll record her morning show and we could watch it together when he comes home from work. So every evening, while eating dinner, we watch Joyce Meyer now.....we not only feed our stomachs, we are feeding our minds and hearts too!!

I go to NorthWest Bible Church on Fellowship Lane in Spring.  It's across from Champions Roller Ring.  Our Church started a Bible Study on Wednesdays nights and for those that can't make it, the Pastor will do a shorter version on Sundays. It's called "260 Live" and its motto is "Learn It To Live It!"  Both my husband and I go on Wednesday nights. It's great since there is so much going at the same time.  Awana, Prayer Ministry, Choir, Youth Groups and the Bible Study, they started having it as pizza night, before everything gets started.  This is so people can come straight from work and picking up the kids to church, not having to worry about dinner.  Everyone has time to eat and have Fellowship before going to wherever they need to go to.


The Bible Study starts out men and woman together and then we split up.  We just started the book of John and was going over John 4, about the Samaritan woman at the well.  Jesus explains that he can give her living water and those that drink the water would never be thirsty again giving them eternal life.  The Samaritan woman wanted this water, so Jesus told her to get her husband and she said that she didn't have a husband. Jesus knew this and said that's right and that she had 5 husbands and the man she is living with isn't her husband.  Because Jesus new so much about her, she thought he was a prophet, but she said that she knew that the Messiah was coming called the Christ.  Jesus told her that he was the Messiah.  When hearing this, she left her jar of water and ran to the village, telling everyone about Jesus.

Now you might want to know why I just summarized this story.....It's because I feel so much like the Samaritan woman.  She had to tell the whole village about Jesus and that is the same for me.  Jesus has done so much for me with all that I've been through.  I'm never depressed and I feel I can handle anything that comes my way.  That I'm not some religious fanatic, but a person that has a relationship with Christ.  I'm hoping that anyone reading this blog and needs some hope will know that we can turn a bad situation into good with faith. 

Therefore, to end this blog, just remember this.....

 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment