SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MY NEW AMICO A/C




I just had to spread the word...
I LOVE WALMART AND MY NEW A/C!!!!
As you all know, we've been having a heatwave and my house in the back is nice and cool but......the front of the house with the cathedral ceiling and other reasons I don't know, won't get cool.  In the summer months, the front is always hot and in the winder months,

it's always cold.  Well, needless to say, with me having a problem walking,  I walk like Chester on "Gunsmoke".  (For all you young folks, that was a TV Western that aired back in 1970's and was on TV for 20 years.  Jame Arness starred as Marshal Mat Dillon and Dennis Weaver starred as Deputy Chester Good. ) Anyway, when I stand for a while cooking, my back starts to hurt since my posture is off and somehow this affects my breathing as well.  Therefore, it mades it harder to be in the kitchen since it is too hot for me. 

I'm not a spender on foolish things I don't really need....Yes, a Woman that don't like to spend money...lol.  I saved a little extra money for emergencies before my accident.  I felt this was one of those emergencies.  Of course I love Walmart since it is cheaper than any other department store and I never have a problem with them.  I went online to check to see if I could get an A/C.  I know they didn't carry them at the store, but when you go online, you can get other things....that's how I got my transfer shower bench. 

Of course they had lots of A/C's too, but I was in a low price range, plus I can't help John put it in any window since I can't lift anything and balance myself too.  That's when I seen the portable units.  Walmart like Best Buy or other store, sell different company products.  The company that makes Amico is Wayfair.  Therefore, if there is a problem with the unit, it gets shipped back to Wayfair and not Walmart.  The one I liked was the one you see in the picture.  I have a small house, but a lot of open area.  My kitchen, den, living room and dinning room are open to one another, like a circle.  So of course, I needed something that had enough BTU's to cool off such a large open area.  I really can use more like a 16,000 BTU unit, but I would then need 220 wiring to run it.  This unit runs on 110 wiring and is 11,000 BTU, so it does a pretty good job.  It recycles the moisture to save energy and goes to fan when it reaches the temperature that it's set to.

I ordered my new A/C on Sunday, August 12th and it was delivered on Thursday, August 16th.  The shipping was FREE to my home.  Missy brought it in herself when the doorbell rang and we both put exhaust tub to the unit then the other end out the window.  It has wheels, so even I can move it.
If you are  looking for a portable A/C, I would highly recommend my new Amico. 
I GIVE IT A CCCUP!



No comments:

Post a Comment