SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, August 31, 2012

Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional: FRIDAY 8/31 - God Is the Only Lasting Source

Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional: FRIDAY 8/31 - God Is the Only Lasting Source


Psalms 37:4

4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires.          


God Is the Only Lasting Source
As human beings we are created by God to be happy and to feel good about ourselves. As a matter of fact, we must feel good about ourselves, or eventually we will develop some sort of unhealthy, uncontrolled behavior to get the good feelings we crave.
Think about it. A person who is addicted to drugs probably began using them because his pain was so intense he felt compelled to get rid of it, even if only temporarily. The same thing is true of drinking, or using food as a comfort. If we do not get good feelings from the inside, then we attempt to create them through outside means.
God created us that way and He's the only one who can satisfy us. When we go to something other than God to make us feel good about ourselves, we're really just replacing something real with a cheap substitute.
Whatever your emotional needs are today, know that only God can meet them. He is the only lasting source of life. Go to Him today, He's the only One who can satisfy.
Prayer Starter: God, I don't want to waste my time chasing cheap substitutes. You are the only One who can satisfy. Show me how to daily find my true delight and satisfaction in You and only You.

JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER BROADCASTS: http://www.joycemeyer.org/broadcasthome.aspx

JOYCE MYER BROADCASTS ON HUMILITY:
http://www.joycemeyer.org/broadcasthome.aspx?video=Humility_%E2%80%93_Pt_1_

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGE: http://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx

RELIGION TODAY: http://www.religiontoday.com/?utm_source=Jesus.org%20Subscriber%20(PD)&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=08/30/2012



If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:






If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.





Dear God,

I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.

Amen



Join this site on front page tab in right upper corner




No comments:

Post a Comment