SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, August 26, 2012

MY DOCTOR'S VISIT & MUCH MORE!!



This has been a very busy week for me, since John and I went to the doctor this past Tuesday, August 21st for my checkup on my leg.  There isn't much to say since my knee is about the same

as you can see from the above picture. Here is a picture of my
knee 2 months ago.

Doctor Elkousy wasn't too happy since there wasn't much improvement since my last visit.  The last time he said it was to be expected, but this time he thought there should have been more improvement.  We discussed knee replacement, but we decided to wait.  I have my next doctors appointment in October.  He is sending me for a stress text to see what I'm able to do and for how long, before making any decisions on knee replacement.  He said my therapist might be able to do it, if not there are other places to go, I just need to get them approved by workers-comp. 

Well, Wednesday I brought the prescription to Brent, my therapist at 24 Hour Fitness.  He said that he couldn't do it since the test is 4 HOURS LONG!!  Therefore he is sending me to a place in Greenspoint.  They called me and I took a quick survey on the phone about my health condition and said that they would call me to set things up as soon as they get it approved by workers-comp.  This past Friday they called and I have a 1:30 p.m. appointment for this coming Friday, August 31st.  I'm just a little nervous since I don't know what to expect.  I'll let you all know after the test what took place and what they said.

Thursday I had to go to the courthouse to renew my handicap hanging window tag before it expires the end of the month, so Missy took me.  Now I'm good for another 6 months.  Missy also wanted to stop at Walmart for baby clothes and I had fun running her over with the scooter, lol.  Her boyfriend's cousin is another boy, and Missy never bought baby clothes before, she thought the little mittens was weird looking socks...lol. 

Of course it was going to lunchtime soon and neither one of us had breakfast since we wanted to get the courthouse early before the lines started to form....I can't stand on a long line of course...lol. She had her mind set on breakfast, but didn't want to spend too much money since she was treating and she hasn't been working much all summer until the back to school sale started, so her money it tight just like the rest of us.  I told her that we could stop at Daniel's Italian and Mexican Restaurant, and I thought that they had breakfast and I know they aren't expensive.  So off we went....


We both had the breakfast taco and she fell in love with the place.





Friday, I was back a therapy, which is my last one till they find out what the stress test shows and if they think more therapy would help.

Saturday, Missy and i went to the pool, so I could do my water therapy.  We stayed there till the clouds started rollin in.

This morning was church and filling you all in on my blog since I've been getting a lot of questions on whether or not I will be going back to work....as of right now....that's still up in the air!



No comments:

Post a Comment