SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Suicide Is Not The Answer...God Is!


R.I.P....Robin Williams will truly be missed.  He brought joy to so many and if only he could have brought some of that joy to himself.  

A friend wrote this on the death of Robin Williams....

May you find peace.

The death of Robin Williams has touched me in more deeply that any celebrity death has ever touched me. His suicide brings to the front of my heart something that I had a handle on but, now a looser grip on.

My family knows the pain and loss, the hurt of unanswered questions and regret of words not said. We know the “If’s, If only, If I, If they, If he/she, If we…the “Shoulda, coulda, woulda’s” and we know the “Why’s”. We walked this journey together and alone in our own emotions and hearts. We know what losing someone to suicide feels like. As a family, as a wife/friend, child, sister, brother in law, nephew and niece. We watched the ultimate battles that they went through. The valiant fight they put up. The years and years of trying to be what they thought they should be or who they thought family wanted them to be.

They were in a fight with a demon. A very powerful and vicious demon that sucked the joy from life, took control and made them feel less than. They fought to retain life, joy, happiness, they wanted to be everything to everyone and forgot to be true to themselves. The battles continued and they fought, finally they grew weary. Their very souls tortured, tormented and tired finally began to lose the fight. Maybe they just got tired of it all. Tired of not being strong enough, tired of fighting and tired….just too tired to go on. So they gave in, they release their pain and self torture. They gave it up because to continue would be too much. And as sad as it was to watch, to live in the aftermath of it all, WE as a Family, as a wife/friend, child, sister, brother in law, nephew and niece…. We understand. We don’t like it, we miss them & we want to punch them for leaving us, ….but…we go on living, remembering and continue to be a family brought closer by tragedy…. AND …………….. We understand.


Yes, I do agree with my friend and we do understand, but suicide isn't the answer....God is!

I think what my friend wrote is just beautiful and so many of us can relate to what she said. I bet many of us felt like giving up because they were trying to be perfect. Not being a perfect child, student, not smart enough, not being good looking enough, too fat, too skinny, too short, too tall, too dark, too light, not being cool enough, don't have the job you believe you should have. Not the career your parents wanted you to have and not living up to their exportations. You work hard and still it's not enough money and have financial problems. You feel you are not a good enough wife/husband, not a good mother/father. You feel you are too weak, too strong minded, too sensitive or too opinionated. You hear people judging you, saying you are too self righteous, without really knowing you.

I have been through many of what I have mentioned above and when I was younger, wanted to throw in the towel and give up on life.


What stopped me was a voice inside my head, saying not yet. you're stronger then you think. You can do this, you're not a quitter. 

I am truly blessed by hearing a tiny voice saying, "No, you must go on." Little did I know, the voice was God's advocate, the Holy Spirit even before I asked Jesus into my heart as my Lord and Savior. Maybe I heard this voice because I always believed in God. So because I listened, God gave me the strength to go on. Making me realize people needed this imperfect person. Showing me all the imperfect people in the Bible had a purpose and did great things.  That it's not important what others think of me.  I don't have to impress anyone but myself.  So I could wallow in self pity and give up and listen to the demon which is the devil or listen to the Holy Spirit, letting God guide me in the direction I needed to go. God also reminded me that I'm not alone and other people are going through the same things as I am or worse.  People losing someone they love, a child, a spouse or parent.  There are people battling cancer or other diseases and are fighting to live.  I could stop thinking about myself and try and help others.

God will guide you on what to do. When you don't listen and make a wrong turn, we will know soon enough because He will put road blocks until you change directions. Yes, we still will make wrong turns because we wanted to take control thinking our way would be faster. (I have done that many times) God lets us do this because He gave us free will, so we can make the right choice on our own. We need to make mistakes so that we can learn from them and know that even though we make mistakes and are not perfect, God still loves us and will give us strength to change direction and go on.   

So, to everyone that is reading this and are thinking of quitting and committing suicide because life is too heard, because you are not perfect.  That you are tired of trying to please others.......STOP!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE PERFECT...YOU WILL NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE.....LIFE WILL BE HARD AND HAVE IT'S UPS AND DOWNS.....JUST TRY TO PLEASE GOD.....GOD LOVES IMPERFECT PEOPLE....GOD LOVES YOU MISTAKES AND ALL BECAUSE YOU ARE HIS CHILD, THEREFORE, HE IS OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN  WHO LOVES US UNCONDITIONALLY......ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LET HIM IN....ASK HIM INTO YOUR HEART AS LORD AND SAVIOR...LISTEN TO HIS GUIDANCE....LEAN ON HIM AS YOU GO THROUGH HEARD TIMES....AND HE WILL GET YOU THROUGH EVEN STRONGER THEN YOU WERE BEFORE....HE WILL GIVE YOU JOY, HAPPINESS AND PEACE....BY PLEASING GOD, YOU WILL BE PLEASING YOURSELF AS WELL.... 

So tell that demon, satan to take a hike.  You are not listening to him because Jesus is in your heart and He is stronger than you. So satan, give me your best shot....I got Jesus in the ring with me and He always Wins!

So if you are fighting depression and you are contemplating suicide....PLEASE...PLEASE DON'T!  Suicide is not the ANSWER!  Seek Help!! Talk to your pastor, priest, a close friend, family member, or doctor and most of all cry out to God, even if you don't believe in Him, what do you have to lose? Ask Him if He is really there to help you because you feel you can't go on.  If you truly want to get help, God will answer. It maybe through a friend, a family member. a complete stranger. a sign in the street or something someone on tv says. When you receive His message of help, you will know it's from Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment