SHARE THIS BLOG

Sunday, December 1, 2013

SUNDAY 12/1/13 Daily Readings for Advent...Advent is for adoring Jesus.... PREPARE THE WAY

PREPARE THE WAY




“He will turn many of the children of Israel to the 
Lord their God, and he will go before him in the 
spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the 
fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the 
wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a 
people prepared.” —Luke 1:16–17



What John the Baptist did for Israel, Advent can do for us. 
Don’t let Christmas find you unprepared.

That you might be prepared… 

First, meditate on the fact that we need a Savior.

Second, engage in sober self-examination. Advent is to 
Christmas what Lent is to Easter.

 “Search me, O God, and 
know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see 
if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way 
everlasting!” (Psalm 139:23–24)

 Let every heart prepare him room… by cleaning house.

Third, if you can only make Christmas exciting with material 
things, how will the children get a thirst for God?  Bend 
the efforts of your imagination to make the wonder of the 
King’s arrival visible for the children.

Forth, memorize the great passages! 


“Is not my word like fire, says the Lord!” (Jeremiah 23:29) 

No comments:

Post a Comment