SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, December 14, 2013

♥ SALMON & BROCCOLI MAC & CHEESE BALLS ♥

SALMON & BROCCOLI MAC & CHEESE BALLS



At Thanksgiving weekend, after eating turkey and ham for dinner and then sandwiches for lunch.  We decided to go out for dinner and have some Italian food.  We ended up going to Macaroni Grill.  We were looking at the menu when we seen something different in the appetizer section, it was Fried Mac & Cheese Balls.  Well, John loves Mac & Cheese, so we decided to give it a try.  I'm not a Mac & Cheese person....but these were delicious.  I said that I got to make these at home.  At home I don't make and appetizers since it's just the 2 of us, plus I don't do a lot of frying since too much of that is bad for your health. But I really wanted to make the Mac & Cheese Balls so I turned an appetizer into a dinner. Below is the recipe:


Ingredients 



1 box Mac & Cheese
1 egg
3 pouches of Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon
1/2 bag of frozen broccoli
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil 
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb

1/2 can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup pico de gio
1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flour

Directions

Cook and prepare Mac & Cheese as directed on box. Now add all top 13 ingredients plus 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.  Mix together well.



In separate bowl add 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup flour and mix together well.


I used my 1/4 cup to scoop the Mac & Cheese mixture and drop it into the flour, breadcrumb mixture.


Using a tablespoon, I poured mixture over Mac ball, then rolled it around.


Then I picked it up like making a meatball and shaped it in my hand.




When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Spray baking sheet cooking spray. Place the Mac & Cheese balls in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.


 Golden brown and ready to eat.
 Eat along or choose your favorite dip, ketchup, mustard, sour cream or cheese dip, which I didn't have.....but I tried all of these....My favorite was a tie...plain & ketchup...What will be yours??

No comments:

Post a Comment