SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, December 30, 2013

♥ BAKED MEXICAN STYLE MAC & CHEESE BALLS ♥

BAKED MEXICAN STYLE MAC & CHEESE BALLS 



My daughter Missy came in for Christmas with her boyfriend and they were making a lot of stops visiting his family too.  So I wanted to make something that I know they love and can eat on the run.  I remembered they loved Fried Mac & Cheese Balls at the Macaroni Grill, but I didn't have any Mac & Cheese or cooking oil at home, so I decided to give this a try.  Well, they loved it.  They even took some home, but they
ate it on the way.  This recipe is a little less fating since they are baked too.  Give it a try, your family will be asking for more!!



Ingredients

2 boxes Pasta Salad Creamy Parmesan (Suddenly Salad or any other brand is ok too)

1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1/4 butter 
1 cup milk
1 can 15 oz Nacho Cheese Sauce
1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flour

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 425° and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.


Cook pasta as directed on box. Now add all top 9 ingredients plus 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 can of Nacho Cheese.  Mix together well.  Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes.  This makes it easier to form balls.

In separate bowl add 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup flour and mix together well.


I used my 1/4 cup to scoop the Mac & Cheese mixture and drop it into the flour, breadcrumb mixture.



Using a tablespoon, I poured mixture over Mac ball, then rolled it around.


Then I picked it up like making a meatball and shaped it in my hand.






Place the Mexican Style Mac & Cheese balls in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.


Serve with the remainder of the Nacho Cheese ( warm it in microwave for about 30 seconds) or you can serve it alone or choose your favorite dip, ketchup, mustard, sour cream or cheese dip, which I didn't have.....but I tried all of these....My favorite was a tie...plain & ketchup...What will be yours??

No comments:

Post a Comment