SHARE THIS BLOG

Saturday, April 21, 2012

WHEN MIGHT YOU SEE AN ANGEL

A WEEK FILLED WITH ANGELS



Last week my principal from my school text me that she would like to bring me and my family dinner on Tuesday or take me out to lunch. She decided that I might be having cabin fever and asked if I would like to go to Campioni's Italian Restaurant.  She didn't want to overdo it, so she parked in front, which was great since I can't walk very far with the walker,  just short distances.  What an Angel...helping me with my walker, in and out of the car and not to mention what a great lunch.  She said that we will gorge ourselves and even have dessert and we did. I had the Lasagna and Karen had Pasta Pepato.  For dessert we both had the Baked Italian Custard with Raspberry sauce,  oh was delicious.  She also treated my family to Shrimp Primavera.
We had a great time just talking and catching up with what was going on with the both of us.  She retired in December, and just like me, misses all our friends at school.  She said she go back at least once a week to get her Brill fix.  I asked her if she would like to get her fix today and go to Brill.  She was glad I asked since she didn't want to because she thought I might be too tired.  But when she mentioned Brill, I just thought how great it would be to see everyone there.  I haven't seen some of my friends and Angels since my accident in October. 

When we got there, everyone was so surprised to see me.  Karen sits me down in the front office so that as the teachers pass, they'll see me. She also seen my leg swelled up, so she propped it up on a chair.  It was just so incredible to see everyone.  Everyone that seen me, stopped to say hello, ask how I was doing and what was going on with me and my leg.  I got so many hugs, well, I just couldn't count them if I wanted to.  Let just say again I was so overwhelmed with all my friend's love.  They are truly my Angels.  Here are some pictures of just a few of my Angels.

After our visit, Karen took me home.  Again helping  me with my walker, carrying my families, dinner and bringing my cart in that was left at school since my accident.  Not that all this wasn't enough, but she then gives me a gift to top it off.  Karen is not only my X Principal and friend, but a true Angel.

A NEW ANGEL IS ON THE WAY SOON!

 Well, like I said, it was a week of Angels.  Pat from Northwest Bible Church had drove me to my therapy once when Missy and John couldn't.  I told her that I bought from Walmart a Transfer Shower Bench.  Walmart was great, I ordered it on line and could have it delivered to the store for free or for only 99¢ more, to my home....I told Pat I paid  the 99¢ and it was delivered in 3 DAYS ... WOW ..... WAY TO GO WALMART!!  Pat had mentioned that she had bought a detachable shower head when she broke her ankle a year ago, but now she put in her new build in shower therefore, didn't need it anymore.   She told me she would give it to me and a hand bar as well.  Well, not only did she give me the detachable shower head, she also had a friend from our church to install it.  Both Pat and Michael are true Angels.  I can finally TAKE A REAL SHOWER!!!   You have know idea what a big deal that is when you've been washing in basin in your hospital bed or the kitchen sink since October.

No comments:

Post a Comment