SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, April 30, 2012

READ THE BIBLE IN A YEAR - VERSES OF THE DAY - JOSHUA 18 JOHN 20, PSALMS 35

Joyce Meyer - Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes (6)





Joshua 18 

 1AND THE whole congregation of the Israelites assembled at Shiloh and set up the Tent of Meeting there; and the land was subdued before them.

   
2And there remained among the Israelites seven tribes who had not yet divided their inheritance.
    3Joshua asked the Israelites, How long will you be slack to go in and possess the land which the Lord, the God of your fathers, has given you?
    4Provide three men from each tribe, and I will send them to go through the land and write a description of it according to their [tribal] inheritances; then they shall return to me.
    5And they shall divide it into seven parts. Judah shall remain in its territory on the south and the house of Joseph shall remain in its territory on the north.
    6You shall describe the land in seven divisions, and bring the description here to me, that I may cast lots for you here before the Lord our God.
    7But the Levites have no portion among you, for the priesthood of the Lord is their inheritance. Gad and Reuben and half the tribe of Manasseh have received their inheritance east of the Jordan, which Moses the servant of the Lord gave them.
    8So the men arose and went, and Joshua charged them saying, Go and walk through the land and describe it and come again to me, and I will cast lots for you here before the Lord in Shiloh.
    9And the men went and passed through the land and described it by cities in seven portions in a book; and they came again to Joshua to the camp at Shiloh.
    10Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the Lord, and there [he] divided the land to the Israelites, to each [tribe] his portion.
    11And the lot of the Benjamites came up according to their families; and the territory of their lot fell between the tribes of Judah and Joseph.
    12On the north side their boundary began at the Jordan; then it went up to the shoulder of Jericho on the north and up through the hill country westward and ended at the Beth-aven wilderness.
    13Then the boundary passed over southward toward Luz, to the shoulder of Luz (that is, Bethel); then it went down to Ataroth-addar by the mountain that lies south of Lower Beth-horon.
    14The boundary extended from there, and turning about on the western side southward from the mountain that lies to the south opposite Beth-horon, it ended at Kiriath-baal (that is, Kiriath-jearim), a city of the tribe of Judah. This formed the western side [of Benjamin's territory].
    15The southern side began at the edge of Kiriath-jearim, and the boundary went on westward to the spring of the waters of Nephtoah.
    16Then the boundary went down to the edge of the mountain overlooking the Valley of Ben-hinnom [son of Hinnom], which is at the north end of the Valley of Rephaim; and it descended to the Valley of Hinnom, south of the shoulder of the Jebusites, and went on down to En-rogel.
    17Then it bent toward the north and went on to En-shemesh and on to Geliloth, which was opposite the ascent of Adummim, and went down to the Stone of Bohan son of Reuben.
    18And it went on to the north of the shoulder [of Beth]-Arabah and down to the Arabah.
    19Then the boundary passed along to the north of the shoulder of Beth-hoglah and ended at the northern bay of the Salt [Dead] Sea, at the south end of the Jordan. This was the southern border.
    20And the Jordan was its boundary on the east side. This was the inheritance of the sons of Benjamin by their boundaries round about, according to their families.
    21Now the cities of the tribe of Benjamin according to [their] families were: Jericho, Beth-hoglah, Emek-keziz,
    22Beth-arabah, Zemaraim, Bethel,
    23Avvim, Parah, Ophrah,
    24Chephar-ammoni, Ophni, and Geba; twelve cities with their villages;
    25Gibeon, Ramah, Beeroth,
    26Mizpah, Chephirah, Mozah,
    27Rekem, Irpeel, Taralah,
    28Zelah, Haeleph, the Jebusite [city]--that is, Jerusalem--Gibeah, and Kiriath-[jearim]; fourteen cities with their villages. This is the inheritance of the tribe of Benjamin according to their families.

John 20

 1NOW ON the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been removed from (lifted out of the groove across the entrance of) the tomb.
    2So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, whom Jesus [tenderly] loved, and said to them, They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him!
    3Upon this, Peter and the other disciple came out and they went toward the tomb.
    4And they came running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and arrived at the tomb first.
    5And stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not enter.
    6Then Simon Peter came up, following him, and went into the tomb and saw the linen cloths lying there;
    7But the burial napkin (kerchief) which had been around Jesus' head, was not lying with the other linen cloths, but was [still] [a]rolled up (wrapped round and round) in a place by itself.
    8Then the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, went in too; and he saw and was convinced and believed.
    9For as yet they did not know (understand) the statement of Scripture that He must rise again from the dead.
    10Then the disciples went back again to their homes (lodging places).
    11But Mary remained standing outside the tomb sobbing. As she wept, she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
    12And she saw two angels in white sitting there, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
    13And they said to her, Woman, why are you sobbing? She told them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.
    14On saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there], but she did not know (recognize) that it was Jesus.
    15Jesus said to her, Woman, why are you crying [so]? For Whom are you looking? Supposing that it was the gardener, she replied, Sir, if you carried Him away from here, tell me where you have put Him and I will take Him away.
    16Jesus said to her, Mary! Turning around she said to Him in Hebrew, Rabboni!--which means Teacher or Master.
    17Jesus said to her, Do not cling to Me [do not hold Me], for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to My brethren and tell them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.
    18Away came Mary Magdalene, bringing the disciples news (word) that she had seen the Lord and that He had said these things to her.
    19Then on that same first day of the week, when it was evening, though the disciples were behind closed doors for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, Peace to you!
    20So saying, He showed them His hands and His side. And when the disciples saw the Lord, they were filled with joy (delight, exultation, ecstasy, rapture).
    21Then Jesus said to them again, Peace to you! [Just] as the Father has sent Me forth, so I am sending you.
    22And having said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit!
    23[Now having received the Holy Spirit, and being [b]led and directed by Him] if you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of anyone, they are retained.
    24But Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came.
    25So the other disciples kept telling him, We have seen the Lord! But he said to them, Unless I see in His hands the marks made by the nails and put my finger into the nail prints, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe [it].
    26Eight days later His disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, though they were behind closed doors, and stood among them and said, Peace to you!
    27Then He said to Thomas, Reach out your finger here, and see My hands; and put out your hand and place [it] in My side. Do not be faithless and incredulous, but [stop your unbelief and] believe!
    28Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!
    29Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, Thomas, do you now believe (trust, have faith)? Blessed and happy and [c]to be envied are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and trusted and relied on Me.
    30There are also many other signs and miracles which Jesus performed in the presence of the disciples which are not written in this book.
    31But these are written (recorded) in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of God, and that through believing and cleaving to and trusting and relying upon Him you may have life through (in) His name [[d]through Who He is].

Psalm 35

[A Psalm] of David.
 1CONTEND, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!
    2Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help!
    3Draw out also the spear and javelin and close up the way of those who pursue and persecute me. Say to me, I am your deliverance!
    4Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek and require my life; let them be turned back and confounded who plan my hurt!
    5Let them be as chaff before the wind, with the [a]Angel of the Lord driving them on!
    6Let their way be through dark and slippery places, with the Angel of the Lord pursuing and afflicting them.
    7For without cause they hid for me their net; a pit of destruction without cause they dug for my life.
    8Let destruction befall [my foe] unawares; let the net he hid for me catch him; let him fall into that very destruction.
    9Then I shall be joyful in the Lord; I shall rejoice in His deliverance.
    10All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like You, You Who deliver the poor and the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, yes, the poor and the needy from him who snatches away his goods?
    11Malicious and unrighteous witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I know not.
    12They reward me evil for good to my personal bereavement.
    13But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I afflicted myself with fasting, and I prayed with head bowed on my breast.
    14I behaved as if grieving for my friend or my brother; I bowed down in sorrow, as one who bewails his mother.
    15But in my stumbling and limping they rejoiced and gathered together [against me]; the smiters (slanderers and revilers) gathered against me, and I knew them not; they ceased not to slander and revile me.
    16Like profane mockers at feasts [making sport for the price of a cake] they gnashed at me with their teeth.
    17Lord, how long will You look on [without action]? Rescue my life from their destructions, my dear and only life from the lions!
    18I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among a mighty throng.
    19Let not those who are wrongfully my foes rejoice over me; neither let them wink with the eye who hate me without cause.
    20For they do not speak peace, but they devise deceitful matters against those who are quiet in the land.
    21Yes, they open their mouths wide against me; they say, Aha! Aha! Our eyes have seen it!
    22You have seen this, O Lord; keep not silence! O Lord, be not far from me!
    23Arouse Yourself, awake to the justice due me, even to my cause, my God and my Lord!
    24Judge and vindicate me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness (Your rightness and justice); and let [my foes] not rejoice over me!
    25Let them not say in their hearts, Aha, that is what we wanted! Let them not say, We have swallowed him up and utterly destroyed him.
    26Let them be put to shame and confusion together who rejoice at my calamity! Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor who magnify and exalt themselves over me!
    27Let those who favor my righteous cause and have pleasure in my uprightness shout for joy and be glad and say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, Who takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.
    28And my tongue shall talk of Your righteousness, rightness, and justice, and of [my reasons for] Your praise all the day long.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment